Day-long event open to SIGGRAPH 2018 attendees with multiple sessions from industry leaders including Double Negative and Theia Interactive.
VANCOUVER -- To kick off SIGGRAPH 2018, Allegorithmic will host Substance Day SIGGRAPH on August 13, featuring a keynote speech from founder and CEO Sébastien Deguy showcasing the upcoming AI-powered tool, Alchemist. It all begins with the first-ever Project Alchemist live demo, followed by a full day of talks offering practical tips for users while highlighting the impact of the Substance tools across multiple industries. The event will then conclude with a casual mixer open to all attendees.
SIGGRAPH pass holders will have access to all six sessions. Following the first look at Alchemist in action, attendees will go behind-the-scenes with members of Double Negative as they discuss the use of Substance in “Pacific Rim: Uprising.” A later session will highlight how AR & VR are helping to reshape architecture, and Substance users will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn from masters. Throughout it all, attendees will receive exclusive looks at the future of Allegorithmic that they won’t hear anywhere else.
“The very first Substance Days took place at a previous SIGGRAPH, so in many ways, this feels like coming home,” said Deguy. “It seems fitting that the first live demo of Alchemist would take place here, and we’re excited to show the community what we have in store for them.”
Substance Day SIGGRAPH will be held in Convention Center East Building, Meeting Room 1, with doors opening at 9:30 a.m. PDT. The keynote will then begin at 10 a.m. Sessions include:
- Keynote Address, Including Live Project Alchemist Demo – Allegorithmic founder and CEO Sébastien Deguy; Allegorithmic Director of Strategy for Entertainment Jérémie Noguer
- Substance Designer: tips and tricks session by Wes McDermott, Allegorithmic Integrations Product Manager
- Substance Painter 2018 Summer Update, and Open Q&A Session Discussing the Future of the Tool – Jérémie Noguer, Allegorithmic Director of Market Strategy for Entertainment
- “Pacific Rim: Uprising” and Double Negative: A Matter of Substance – Marc Austin, Double Negative Build Supervisor
- Substance for VR/AR Experiences in Architecture & Design – Stephen Phillips, CTO of Theia Interactive
- Reveal of the David & Diana Apparel Creation Contest Winners – Allegorithmic founder and CEO Sébastien Deguy
Once the Substance Day SIGGRAPH sessions are complete, the Allegorithmic team invites attendees to join them for a casual mixer in the Convention Center East Building Foyer. The event will run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. PDT, and give event-goers the chance to speak with Allegorithmic staff and other Substance users in a relaxed environment.
Substance Day SIGGRAPH is the latest in a series of successful community events created to bring Substance users together with industry professionals and the teams that created the Substance tools. This latest event follows Substance Days Asia, Substance Day London and Substance Day GDC, which featured standing room only crowds. Following SIGGRAPH, the next Substance Days will take place in Los Angeles in the Fall, and then Paris soon after.
After Substance Day SIGGRAPH, Allegorithmic will appear as part of NVIDIA’s Limelight 2018 event on August 14 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. PDT at the Hyatt Regency. There it will showcase its latest releases, including the recent Substance Painter and Substance Designer Summer updates. Then on August 15 at 6:30 p.m. PDT at The Portside Pub, Allegorithmic will co-sponsor “SIGGIES,” an event hosted by The Rookies, created to bring together students and industry professionals.
Allegorithmic will also be exhibiting during SIGGRAPH on the show floor, with demonstrations taking place at booth #415.