Market highlights include pitch sessions, partner screenings and Talent Acquisition Recruitment Sessions and Talks; event runs June 14-17.
Mifa 2022 has unveiled details for this year’s extensive slate of programs. The event is one of the foremost marketplaces for professionals and teachers in the animation industry in terms of co-production, purchasing, selling, financing, and distributing content for all broadcasting platforms. Pitches and Recruitment Sessions provide young creators a stage to connect with professionals and to cement their projects.
From June 14-17 Mifa will host 130+ events; this year’s program highlights include:
32 projects were selected from 472 submissions for the Mifa Pitch Sessions (reservation required) taking place at the Salle de la Volière and the Salle XR @Mifa in the Exhibitors Area for the immersive experiences:
- Feature Film Pitches: 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- Short Film Pitches: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm - In partnership with SACD
- TV Series & Specials Pitches: 9:00 am to 11:00 am - In partnership with Disney+
- Digital Experience Pitches: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm - In partnership with Unity
The Partners Pitch Sessions will take place in the Salon Ravel, and the Salle XR @Mifa in the Exhibitors Area for the immersive experiences:
- South Korea (KOCCA): 9:00 am to 10:00 am
- Nigeria (Nigeria Focus @Mifa): 10:30 am to 11:30 am
- Canada (Téléfilm Canada): 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Women in Animation from Spain: 1:45 pm to 3:15 pm
- South America (The Ibero-American Animation League Focus @Mifa): 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm
- South Africa (Road to Annecy Animation Pitching Incubation Programme): 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm
- Colombia (ProColombia/Proimágenes): 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Spain (ICEX): 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Japan Media Arts Festival and Squeeze Animation Studios. Check out the program here.
- Companies including Warner Bros. Discovery, Rai Kids, The Walt Disney Company, Amazon Studios, BBC, CBC Kids, Paramount Global Kids and Family, Arte, and Apple TV+ will host 30-minute sessions with head buyers to discuss what their purchasing and/or program co-production needs. Check out the program here.
Meet the festival programmers, composers, producers, publishers, authors, and buyers:
- The Meet the… enables the different professional categories present at the Mifa to meet during dedicated time slots on June 14. Reserve your time slots and organize your appointments here.
- ICEX, Téléfilm Canada, Navarra, India, and the Short Film Forums - check out the program here.
Talent Acquisition (Recruitment Sessions):
- Mikros Animation, Sony Picture Animation, Titmouse, NORMAAL, Unit Image, LAIKA, and Gaumont are among the companies looking for talent. Find out more here.
Talent Acquisition (Recruitment Talks):
- Studios including Illumination, Fortiche, Netflix, Skydance, Cartoon Saloon, and Psyop will present information about their work environments and staffing needs. More info is available here.
Attend the press conferences of studios, youth channels for major TV groups or other key animation partners including:
- France Télévisions, Groupe M6, CANAL+, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Annecy Festival Residency, AnimFrance, Mediawan Animation, and Groupe Média-Participations. Check out the complete programming information here.
- Disney, DreamWorks Animation, Passion Pictures, Nickelodeon, Sony Pictures Animation, and Warner Bros. Animation share the creative process and technology behind their creations. Check out the program here.
Source: Annecy Festival
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.