Judging at this year’s festival will be handled by 18 notable industry experts from 13 countries; awards will be revealed at the event’s June 18 closing ceremony.
Every year, at the Annecy Festival, film professionals and enthusiasts gather to celebrate animation by highlighting the creative dynamism and richness this sector represents. The event features presentations of the latest animated works, demonstrations of the latest and future trends, via meetings with seasoned directors and emerging talents. This year the festival runs June 13-18.
Central to the festival is the Official film competition in categories including the best in animated shorts, graduation films, commissioned films, and feature films. Complete lists of categories and films in competition can be seen here.
The selection of films for competition begins the process culminating with a distinguished jury of industry notables, viewing and voting, in order to choose the winner in each category.
This year’s jury consists of 18 members from 13 countries, divided into seven categories.
The Annecy 2022 jury members are:
- Charlotte de La Gournerie - Executive producer and co-founder, Sun Creature Studio (Denmark/France)
- Frédéric Maire – Director of the Swiss Film Archive (Switzerland)
- Tomm Moore – Co-founder and creative director, Cartoon Saloon (Ireland)
Contrechamp Feature Films:
- Ilze Burkovska Jacobsen – Director, scriptwriter, and co-founder, Bivrost FilmBivrost Film (Latvia/Norway)
- Félix Dufour-Laperrière – Filmmaker and producer, Embuscade Films (Quebec)
- Yonfan – Director, Far Sun Film Co Ltd (Hong Kong SAR, China)
- Jean Labadie – Distributor, Le Pacte (France)
- Adriaan Lokman – Visual artist and videographer, Lokman Space (France/Netherlands)
- Saskia Von Virág – Producer, Virage Film (Switzerland)
Graduation Films and Off-Limits Short Films:
- Maria Anestopoulou – Festival director, Animasyros International Animation Festival (Greece)
- Olivier Calvert – Sound designer (Canada)
- Ron Dyens – Producer, Sacrebleu Productions (France)
TV and Commissioned Films:
- Cesar Cabral – Director, Coala Filmes (Brazil)
- Laurence Herszberg – General director, Séries Mania Festival Lille Hauts-de-France (France)
- Rita Mbanga – Producer, Sunrise Animation Studios (South Africa)
- Michael Frei – Director and producer, Playables (Switzerland)
- Ramsey Naito – President, Paramount Animation & Nickelodeon Animation (USA)
- Chris Nee - Creator and executive producer, Laughing Wild/Netflix
Learn more about the jury here.
The jury will announce its list of awards on Saturday, June 18 during the Festival’s Closing Ceremony.
Source: Annecy Festival