Industry leading market’s new, flexible format encourages attendee participation from anywhere; extensive program line-up includes pitches, on-line targeted meetings, and career recruitment; Annecy 2021 runs June 14-19.
As part of the 2021 Annecy Animation Film Festival taking place June 14-19, Mifa 2021, the first hybrid edition of the industry-leading market, is making meetings a priority!
- In-person attendees the event exhibition area will feature private tables for companies, mini stands for delegations and pavilions. The entire Impérial Palace is providing meeting and viewing areas, as well as the La Voile and Brasserie’s upstairs lounges, restaurants, and terraces. Additional information is available here.
- Virtual attendees can organize visits and meetings via the Annecy Network and Virtual Stands. Set up profiles, meet with professionals who are attending individually or in delegations and connect live in private virtual rooms. Delegates attending include Japan, China, Korea, Malaysia, Belgium, Luxembourg, Chile, Colombia, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, Mexico, United Kingdom, Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa.
The extensive and varied program includes:
- 36 unique projects from all over the world including France, Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, Greece, Latvia, Canada, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Iran, USA, Madagascar, Germany, and Belgium. More information is available here.
- 70 projects spread across 13 sessions identified by its geographical zone. Including Africa (Digital Lab Africa, Nigeria Focus @ Mifa, Africa2020 Season, NFVF Market Readiness Program), Latin America (La Liga, Chile, Colombia, Animation! Women), Asia (South East Asia Focus 2021, Taiwan, Japan), Middle East (Israel), as well as Europe (Aura in Motion, CEE Animation Forum). More information is available here
- Discover the company or delegation line-ups, reunited in playlists in Mifa’s video library, that will be added to the completed projects and productions.
- Connect - Participate in online targeted meetings dedicated to the talents (the Pitch sessions’ project leaders), festival programmers, book publishers and producers (Gap Financing). More information is available here.
New this year:
- Meet buyers in a live session or a one-on-one meeting. This line-up includes HBO Max, BBC, Super RTL, Tencent, Rai, Disney, Gloob, ZDF, WarnerMedia, Trace, Sudu Connexion, VRT, SVT, and Akili Networks.
- In partnership with the Sacem and in collaboration with the Festival International du Film d’Aubagne, Mifa presents MUSIC&CINEMA, for its 3rd character scheme. Meetings with composers will take place in person May 31 – June 5, and online June 7-12.
- A Meet the… format is open to authors, for a targeted meeting between graphic and literary authors, in partnership with AGrAF.
- Focus sessions enable participants to gain global understanding of the animation industry in the Baltic states, United Kingdom, Greece, China, and Korea. The program offers an opportunity to encourage meetings and spark new collaborations. More information is available here.
Take advantage of a Virtual Recruitment Area with a special virtual stand and recruiters talk sessions beginning June 15:
- Nickelodeon, USA
- Fortiche Prod, France
- Laika, USA
- The Third Floor, United Kingdom
- Blue-Zoo, United Kingdom
- GO-N, France
- Axis, United Kingdom
- Lighthouse, Ireland
- Netflix, USA
- Cartoon Saloon, Ireland
More information is available here.
- In partnership with Unity, the event will take place on June 18 offering a chance to showcase talents from the African continent, from the Festival, as well as the biggest names in animation.
- The program will include School of Visuals Arts, Disney, Nickelodeon, Cinesite, RECA, VIPO, the Paris-Lyon-Singapore project and their students’ films.
More information is available here.
Source: Annecy Festival