Join the free February 28 online discussion with the directors of ‘My Year of Dicks,’ ‘The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse,’ ‘The Flying Sailor,’ ‘Ice Merchants’ and ‘An Ostrich Told Me the World Is Fake and I Think I Believe It;’ watch the nominated shorts on the Animation Showcase.
VIEW Conference is once again offering audiences special online PreVIEW events leading up to this year’s Academy Awards, including the previously announced free virtual panel featuring directors of this year’s Academy Award nominees for Best Animated Feature, taking place Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at 9:00 am PST / 5:00 pm UK / 18:00 CET. More information and free registration can be found here.
But wait… there’s more! You can take part in a second virtual panel discussion – with the directors of the five Oscar contenders for Best Animated Short, set for next Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at 9:00 am PST / 5:00 pm UK / 18:00 CET. AWN’s own editor-in-chief, Dan Sarto, will moderate.
Join the directors… and Dan:
- Peter Baynton – The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
- Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby – The Flying Sailor
- João Gonzalez – Ice Merchants
- Sara Gunnarsdóttir – My Year of Dicks
- Lachlan Pendragon – An Ostrich Told Me the World Is Fake and I Think I Believe It
You can find more information and free registration link here.
Thanks to a partnership with Animation Showcase, VIEW Conference is providing free access for students and industry members to view all five Oscar contenders for “Best Animated Short Film.”
How to register and watch:
- Activate your access to the platform using your professional email address via the VIEW Conference Activation Portal link.
- Login using your email and the exclusive password view2020 (case sensitive).
- You can access the Animation Showcase platform on your computer via the Internet or on your TV via The Animation Showcase apps on Apple TV and Roku.
Source: VIEW Conference