Running June 15-30, the digital event will feature an extensive mix of animated film and project competitions, masterclasses, and related activities, along with extensive Mifa pitch, meeting, and expert presentation resources.
Annecy 2020 Festival organizers have just announced major details of the upcoming online festival and Mifa market. Running June 15-30, Annecy 2020 will bring together online many of the activities normally experienced during the event, including meetings, screenings, presentations, and business development opportunities.
Last month, in releasing the official short film selections and first notes about the digital edition, organizers stated, "Developing Annecy 2020 Online is both a technical and human challenge, which seemed an obvious choice to us: our event plays an indispensable role in the entire animation film sector, and is even more reason why we should be here during this unique situation. More information about Annecy 2020 Online coming soon.”
The latest announcement reveals the effort organizers are putting into their plans to bring as much of the festival's breadth, and depth, to the community as possible.
Initial Annecy 2020 Online Edition Outline
Via www.annecy.org and a dedicated video platform, participants will have access to the following:
At the Festival
- Program of the films in competition
- Exclusive and original content
- Work in Progress (Features, Series, Specials and XR)
- Making Of
At the Mifa
- Mifa Pitches - Discover the best animation film projects, all original and in development: feature films, short films, TV series & specials, digital experiences, Animation du Monde. Video pitch sessions (available until 30th June) followed by online speed meetings (scheduled 16th-19th June).
- Pitching – Territory Focus - Participate in the discovery of a country’s talents via a selection of the best projects in development or at the outset of production. Video pitch sessions (available until 30th June) followed by online speed meetings (scheduled 16th-19th June).
- Mifa Campus - Complete your knowledge of the creative process by listening to experts or artists speak, discover the initiatives and devices that are a part of training future professionals and their creative works. Video pitch sessions (available until 30th June) or live online Q&A (scheduled 16th-19th June and video recordings available until 30th June). Free access.
- Meet the… - Attend the meetings aimed at festival programmers, composers and book publishers. Online meetings scheduled between 16th-19th June.
- Industry Territory Focus / Mifa Special Events - Discover a country or territory’s industry, their infrastructures and professionals. Come and listen to professional institutions and/or organizations and the messages they would like to convey to the profession. Sessions scheduled between 16th-19th June, and available until 30th June.
- Share With Sessions - Meet up with buyers and sellers. Learn about their editorial line and discuss with them about the content that they are looking for. Online meetings and live sessions with Q&A scheduled between 16th-19th June (video recordings available until 30th June).
- Annecy Network - Benefit from a tool that is optimized and adapted to the Mifa Online.
- Companies and delegations: your profiles are enhanced with a virtual stand.
- Your content and interventions informed and gathered on the same page.
- Your online presence indicated, to be available to converse by chatline or video with professionals from around the world.
- Video Library - As usual discover the Festival’s Official Competition as well as registered films and projects by producers from all over the world. Around 500 films or projects to discover from May 2020 to March 2021. View and exchange with the rights holders.
The two accreditation options are:
- Access: the entire 2020 Official Selection, Work in Progress, Masterclasses and Making Of, not including the film Market (Mifa) and Annecy Network.
- Price: €15 VAT incl.
- Open: mid-May
- Access: all the content provided by the Festival accreditation and all the Mifa formats and "areas".
- Important: the accreditation also gives access to the online video library until 31st March 2021
- Price: €110 VAT incl.
- Open: from 6th May 2020
Press and Buyers: please refer to the usual terms and conditions
- May 5: Mifa Pitches selection announcement
- May 6: Mifa Online accreditations Opening
- May 15: Feature Films and VR selection announcement
- May 18: Festival Online accreditations Opening
The complete list of short form works, announced April 15, can be found here.
To find more information about the festival and Mifa, visit the Annecy 2020 website.
Source: Annecy 2020
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.