Wrapping up Infinity Festival Hollywood’s 6th edition, the awards presentation honored visionaries in the fields of television, film, gaming, fine art and their contributions to storytelling and technology.
Infinity Festival Hollywood recently wrapped up its sixth edition with the 2023 Monolith Creative Awards, honoring the storytelling and technology contributions of visionaries in the fields of television, film, gaming, fine art. Hosted by Z by HP, NVIDIA and Barco, the festival took place November 1-4.
This year’s event panels featured an expanded roster of talent and with sessions including “Creating the ‘Spider-Verse:’ An Animated Conversation,” with Academy Award-winning filmmakers Chris Miller and Phil Lord and VFX supervisor Michael Lasker; and “Behind the Screen” with Gareth Edwards, director, and co-writer of sci-fi drama The Creator, and Industrial Light & Magic’s on-set VFX supervisor Andrew Roberts.
IF Hollywood held its annual Monolith Creative Awards on November 3. The winners are:
Quantum Breakthrough Award:
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures Imageworks)
Georges Méliès Pioneering Filmmaker Award
- Avatar: The Way of Water (James Cameron, Jon Landau, Ryan Champney and Vaughn Cato)
Monolith Plus Award
- Opening Pandora’s Box - making-of documentary (Tom Grane and Mob Scene).
Outstanding Cinematic Immersive Experience Award:
- Le Musk, a 37-minute cinematic sensory experience (Intel’s Ravi Velhal and ARR Studios’ A.R. Rahman)
Outstanding Virtual Production Scene:
- Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon “Creating the Dragonstone Bridge”
Outstanding Narrative Video Game World:
- God of War Ragnarök (Santa Monica Studio/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 (Larian Studios)
Best New Media Fine Art
- "Living Paintings,” AI-generated art by new media artist Refik Anadol
Outstanding Narrative MXR (hybrid) Experience Award:
- Remembering (Disney Studio Lab)
Outstanding Use of A.I. Storytelling
- In Search of Time, (Disney Studio Lab)
Outstanding Marketing for Tech-Based Entertainment.
- Gorillaz Presents (Nexus Studios and Google)
The Monolith Creative Awards are voted on by a panel of creatives and innovators from major Hollywood studios, tech companies and Fortune 500 companies.
“Each year, the Monolith Awards give us a unique opportunity to celebrate those trailblazing minds who have truly advanced the intersection of storytelling and creativity during a world-renowned Festival devoted to exploring this unique convergence,” commented Jay Williams, Chief Operating Officer for Infinity Festival and Co-Chairman of the Monolith Creative Awards.
In addition to the Awards show, this year’s Festival included networking events and parties at notable Hollywood locations, including nya Studios and The Aster, and state-of-the-art screenings at the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences Mary Pickford Linwood Dunn theater, where Paramount Pictures screened Transformers: Rise of the Beasts entirely in HDR.
Williams added, “This year, we were privileged to feature the Barco Lightsteering HDR projectors, which I believe will forever alter the future of cinematic exhibition.”
More information about the Infinity Festival Hollywood is available here.
Source: Infinity Festival Hollywood