Watch the NFL’s Falcons and Jaguars’ Week 4 matchup in Andy’s room, which will host an animated replica of on-the-field gameplay delivered by state-of-the-art tracking technology; game and alternate digital telecast set for October 1 on Disney+, ESPN+ and mobile with NFL+.
ESPN, The Walt Disney Company, and the National Football League have teamed up on a first-of-its-kind NFL game presentation, “Toy Story Funday Football,” with all the action between the Atlanta Falcons and Jacksonville Jaguars experienced within Pixar’s iconic Toy Story Universe. The animated event happens Sunday, October 1, at 9:30 a.m. ET on Disney+, ESPN+, and on mobile with NFL+, when the action at Wembley Stadium in London, the NFL International Series game host, is recreated simultaneously in Andy’s room, one of the movie’s most recognizable settings. This presentation is the latest in ESPN’s innovation strategy, providing alternate telecasts of signature events.
ESPN and Disney’s Toy Story alternate telecast complements the primary game presentation of the Falcons and Jaguars’ Week 4 matchup, available on ESPN+, local broadcast stations in the participating teams' markets, and on mobile with NFL+. Chris Fowler, Dan Orlovsky, Louis Riddick, and Laura Rutledge will be inside Wembley Stadium for the game’s call.
Andy’s room replicates the on-the-field gameplay from Wembley Stadium, where each Falcon and Jaguar player will have an animated representation on a traditional-looking field, catered to the Toy Story setting. Fans will view every run, pass, score, and football-related action through state-of-the-art tracking technology enabled by the NFL’s Next Gen Stats player tracking data and Beyond Sports.
In addition to the gameplay, all aspects of the game - announcers, graphics, scoreboard, penalty announcements, and celebrations - will all embrace the Toy Story theme in their packaging and delivery, all occurring in Andy’s room.
Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and other characters will be seen throughout, participating from the sidelines and in other non-gameplay elements.
The presentation is made possible by ESPN, ESPN’s Edge Innovation Center, Disney, NFL, Pixar, Next Gen Stats, Beyond Sports, and Silver Spoon.
More on ESPN, Disney, and the NFL’s “Toy Story Funday Football” Alternate Presentation:
- Announcers: Drew Carter (play-by-play), Booger McFarland (analyst), and 12-year-old Pepper Persley (reporter) will commentate - all three fully animated and with their body movements viewed through motion-capture technology.
- Iconic “Toy Story” Characters: Joining Woody and Buzz in Andy’s room will be Bo Peep, Bullseye, Bunny, Ducky, Forky, Green Aliens, Jesse, Rex, and Slinky Dog.
- Special Halftime Show: Duke Caboom will attempt a motorcycle jump.
- Learning the Game: Demonstrations, including ‘how to’ videos and trivia throughout the telecast, will teach the game of football to the audience.
- Hear from the Players: The real-life Falcons and Jaguar players will contribute through pre-recorded segments and interviews.
The exclusive streaming presentation of an NFL game is one of the many added elements in ESPN’s new rights agreement with the NFL.