Netflix’s upcoming anthology series will debut later this month with a 4-day double episode ‘Netflix & Chills’ Halloween event.
Netflix has released new teaser art, images, and an official trailer for Cabinet of Curiosities, a curated collection of eight genre-defining stories created and hosted by the Academy Award-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro. According to the streamer, the series challenges traditional notions of horror, with tales that range from magical and gothic to grotesque and classically creepy… both sophisticated and sinister.
The collection debuts October 25, launching as a special four-day, double-episode Netflix & Chills Halloween event. Two all-new tales will debut daily through Friday, October 28, when the entire collection will be available to Netflix members worldwide.
The anthology series is created and executive produced by del Toro; executive produced by Academy Award winner J. Miles Dale (The Shape of Water; Sex/Life), who also serves as co-showrunner; and executive produced by Gary Ungar. Regina Corrado serves as co-executive producer. del Toro also hosts.
Here is a lineup of the collection (in alpha order) – the story debut order has not been revealed:
The Autopsy – Directed by David Prior (The Empty Man, AM1200), written by David S. Goyer (The Sandman; Dark City; The Dark Knight; Batman Begins), and based on a short story by Michael Shea.
- Oscar-winning actor F. Murray Abraham (Mythic Quest, Homeland, Amadeus)
- Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, Fargo, The Wire)
- Luke Roberts (Ransom, Black Sails)
Dreams In the Witch House - Directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen, Lords of Dogtown, Twilight), written by Mika Watkins (Origin, Black Mirror, Troy: Fall of a City), and based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft.
- Rupert Grint (Servant)
- Ismael Cruz Cordova (Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Undoing, Miss Bala)
- DJ Qualls (Turning Point, Supernatural)
- Nia Vardalos (Love, Victor, Station 19, My Big Fat Greek Wedding)
- Tenika Davis (Jupiter’s Legacy, Titans)
Graveyard Rats - Directed by Vincenzo Natali (In the Tall Grass, Splice, Cube, Hannibal), based on a short story by and written by Henry Kuttner.
- David Hewlett (SEE, The Shape of Water, Stargate: Atlantis)
Lot 36 - Directed by Guillermo Navarro (Godfather of Harlem; Narcos), written by Regina Corrado (Deadwood, The Strain), and based on an original story by del Toro.
- Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs)
- Elpidia Carrillo (Predator, Bread & Roses, Euphoria)
- Demetrius Grosse (Fear the Walking Dead, Boon, Lovecraft Country)
- Sebastian Roché (The Man in the High Castle, The Young Pope)
The Murmuring - Directed by Jennifer Kent (The Babadook, The Nightingale), written by and based on an original story by del Toro.
- Essie Davis (The Babadook)
- Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead, Penguin Bloom)
- Hannah Galway (Sex/Life)
The Outside – Directed by Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon; The Bad Batch), written by Haley Z. Boston (Brand New Cherry Flavor), and based on a short story by comic book author Emily Carroll.
- Kate Micucci (The Little Hours, Mom)
- Martin Starr (Silicon Valley, Party Down)
Pickman’s Model - Directed by Keith Thomas (Firestarter, The Vigil), written by Lee Patterson (Curve, The Colony), and based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft.
- Ben Barnes (Shadow and Bone, Westworld, The Punisher)
- Crispin Glover (Rivers Edge, Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland, American Gods, Back To The Future, Willard, Charlie’s Angels)
- Oriana Leman (The Whale, The Detectives)
The Viewing – Directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), who also writes, along with Aaron Stewart-Ahn.
- Peter Weller (upcoming The Colosseum, Naked Lunch, Star Trek Into Darkness, Robocop)
- Eric André (The Eric Andre Show, The Righteous Gemstones)
- Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: The Secret Service, upcoming Rebel Moon)
- Charlyne Yi (Always Be My Maybe, Good Girls)
- Steve Agee (Peacemaker, The Suicide Squad)
- Michael Therrialt (Locke and Key, Cult of Chucky)
- Saad Siddiqui (From Scratch, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow)