Boutique agency specializing in visual effects and post-production services bolsters its growing talent roster.
The VFX & Post Talent Agency has announced the addition of six VFX supervisors to its talent roster. They include Simon Giles (Dangerous Liaisons / Playground Entertainment); Taylor Tulip-Close (The Pentaverate / Netflix); Sean Stranks (Famous Last Words / Miramax); Kev Cahill (Apartment 7A / Paramount); Neil Riley (Kaos / Sister Pictures); and Jean-Louis Autret (Around the World in 80 Days / BBC).
- A BAFTA-winning VFX supervisor, Giles has worked both in-house and production side across a diverse array of film and TV. He started his career as a graphic designer at the BBC before going on to spend seven years in-house at Sky. He has worked as a VFX supervisor, VFX producer and founded the VFX facility Hypnosis VFX.
- A lead data wrangler and on-set supervisor for the last 15+ years, Tulip-Close began his career as a stills photographer on the Harry Potter franchise. He transitioned into the role of data wrangler on an array of films and TV series, eventually stepping up to the role of overall VFX supervisor on the Mike Myers series, The Pentaverate (Netflix). Tulip-Close has dual UK and Canadian citizenship.
- An experienced technical VFX Supervisor, Stranks spent 10 years as an in-house VFX supervisor at DNEG (London). Most recently he was on-set VFX supervisor on HBO’s Raised by Wolves Season 1 and 2. He also supervised Cinesite's work on the Netflix series Dark and Showtime's Halo. Sean holds both Canadian and UK citizenship and is therefore able to work globally.
- Recent winner of The Irish Film & TV Award for ‘Best VFX’ for his work on The Green Knight (A24), Cahill began his VFX career as a data wrangler on a range of film and TV. Cahill is Irish and holds a UK / EU passport.
- Riley started off his career in commercials and pop promos. As a character animator in both 2D and 3D he supervised several Gorillaz music videos and commercials. He went on to serve as VFX supervisor on three productions by the producers on the Black Mirror (Zeppotron). He has experience working across short form, TV, and film.
- Autret’s career in the industry kicked off 15 years ago as an assistant cameraman. He became interested in visual effects while working as a focus puller on films, TV, and short form content. He subsequently joined Paris-based VFX facility MacGuff as a 2D Artist, progressing to VFX supervisor after a few years. He broke into the production side on the TV series Around the World in 80 Days. Autret wants to challenge the norm in France by being an independent VFX supervisor working on behalf of the production.
More information on The VFX & Post Talent Agency’s full roster of talent can be found here.
Source: The VFX & Post Talent Agency