In time for the holidays, bring home the fully restored groundbreaking stop-motion animation by George Pal, created between 1932 and 1947; new collection features 18 shorts, bonus features, and a 6-panel color booklet, ‘Liner Notes’ by producer Arnold Leibovit.
The widely acclaimed 2013 release of The Puppetoon Movie (1987) is getting a second act with The Puppetoon Movie Volume 2. The new release, a continuing tribute to film pioneer George Pal, is now available in a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack.
Producer Arnold Leibovit (The Fantasy Film Worlds of George Pal, The Puppetoon Movie, 2002’s The Time Machine) presents a landmark collection of beautifully restored stop-motion animated shorts. Leibovit’s mentor and friend, George Pal, began his Academy Award-winning career by creating a series of groundbreaking animated shorts films between 1932 and 1947, utilizing his own puppet replacement technique.
These films earned him an Oscar and as well as several more nominations. Pal later went on to produce or direct such fantasy film classics as The War of the Worlds; The Time Machine; When Worlds Collide; 7 Faces of Dr. Lao; and The Wonderful World of The Brothers Grimm.
This new Blu-ray/DVD set include several recently discovered long-lost Pal films from Europe, helping to create a brilliant collection of films that have not been seen in decades, and some never outside of Europe; all are meticulously restored in high definition. There are 18 films in the set, which includes a couple of rarely seen Pal-produced cel-animated shorts from the 1930s. All films are from original 35mm Nitrate IB Technicolor prints, or the original Three-Strip Technicolor successive negatives.
Check out the trailer:
These shorts are all new to home video, except for Ship of the Ether, which appears for the first time in HD. Bugs Bunny and Superman, who were at the their height of popularity when these shorts were made, also make appearances.
Included in this set:
- Dipsy Gypsy (1940)
- Radio Valve Revolution (1934)
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (1935)
- A Hatful of Dreams (1944)
- Rescue Brigade (1937)
- In Lamp Light Land (1935)
- Jasper and the Choo-Choo (1942)
- Love on The Range (1938)
- The Gay Knighties (1941)
- Two Gun Rusty (1944)
- How An Advertising Poster Came About (1938)
- Jasper Goes Hunting (1944)
- Sky Pirates (1938)
- Jasper’s Close Shave (1945)
- The Ship of the Ether (1934)
- Good Night Rusty (1943)
- Wilbur the Lion (1946)
- Jasper Tell (1944)
Plus, these bonus features will be presented in standard definition:
- This is Oil, No.1: Prospecting for Petroleum (Shell Oil Company Inc., 1946)
- Trailers from Hell: Leibovit on The Puppetoon Movie
- Trailers from Hell: Leibovit on The Fantasy Film Worlds of George Pal
- The Puppetoon Movie Speedy Alka-Seltzer (Miles Laboratory, Smithsonian Institution)
- The Puppetoon Movie Montage
- Full Production and Donor Credits
Includes 6-Panel Color Booklet, “Liner Notes” by Leibovit
Now available – order HERE.
Source: Sci-Fi Station