30th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film is now open for submissions!
From April 25 to 30, 2023, the Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) will celebrate its 30th anniversary. The festival focuses on artistic animated film and innovative interactive and transmedia works. Comprehensive film and competition programs as well as curated supporting programs guarantee exciting and extraordinary inspirations and insights. For six days, the ITFS invites everyone to Stuttgart to discover the richness and productivity of animated film and meet its actors to exchange ideas and network. In 2023, the ITFS, one of the world's most important events for animation, will continue to take place in cinemas and on the Schlossplatz in Stuttgart, as well as in virtual space.
Animated films completed after October 1, 2021 can now be submitted for the festival's main competitions:
• International Competition International competition for animated short films
• Young Animation International student film competition for animated short films
• Tricks for Kids International competition for animated short films and series for children
• Trickstar Nature Award Competition for animated short films that deal with the topics of climate protection, biodiversity, the environment and sustainability
The submission deadline is December 1, 2022.
• AniMovie International competition for animated films of feature-length
The submission deadline for AniMovie is January 16, 2023.
The application form and film upload or documentation materials must be received by Filmund Medienfestival gGmbH by the closing date.
Entry forms and regulations can be found at www.ITFS.de/en
Please use the online submission platform www.shortfilmdepot.com for film submission.
There, the online registration form is available for the submitters and they can upload their film. An account is required to register. Participation in the ITFS competitions is free of charge, but the submission platform charges a small fee for its service, based on the number of animated films submitted.
All further information and contact details can be found at https://www.itfs.de/en/professionals/callfor-entries/ .
More information about ITFS 2023 and all competition categories can be found on the website www.ITFS.de/en and will be updated continuously.
Call for entries at a later date:
• German Animation Screenplay Award - Prize for the best German- or English-language screenplay for a German animated feature film production (call for entries November 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
• Trickstar Business Award - Prize for the best innovative and forward-looking business model in the animation sector (call for entries December 2022 / deadline March 1, 2023)
• Animated Games Award Germany - Prize for the best and most innovative animation-based computer game from Germany (call for entries December 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
• Crazy Horse Session - 48H Animation Jam - Award for the best animated short film created in 48 hours. International teams face up the challenge to create an animated short film around the festival mascot Trixi within 48 hours in a live online animation competition. (Call for entries January 2023 / Deadline March 1, 2023)
Founded in 1982, the ITFS has established itself as a world-class event for animated film. It celebrates animation in all its creativity and diversity in film screenings, lectures, workshop discussions, master classes, exhibitions, VR events and animated live performances and offers directors, production and distribution companies a platform to present their films and transmedia projects to an interested broad audience and numerous industry representatives. Animation fans of all ages have the opportunity to discover and experience animation in all its facets for six days. In the GameZone, interactive games, artistic installations and workshops make it possible to experience the connection between games and animation.
A special focus of the ITFS is the promotion of young talents. In addition to attractively endowed competitions, the festival offers them comprehensive practical training opportunities. The ITFS relies on the professional competence and internationality of its speakers and guarantees exciting encounters with stars and experts from the industry.
Thanks to the unique combination of the ITFS, the Animation Production Days and FMX Media & Exchange (organised by Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg), the event has evolved into a unique platform for the financing and development of animation projects. Over 6,000 professional visitors meet in Stuttgart every year for an intensive exchange of ideas.