Search form

Short Film "Little Boy Blue"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Short Film "Little Boy Blue"

First time to post, so go easy on me! Below is a synopsis of the film with a link to the page. It has been show in a few festivals and on National TV. Quicktime Mov 68.6MB (320x240) for now. Being having some problems with the WMV's.

Little Boy Blue.
This is a dark story about a young boy who was tormented and abused while in a Catholic Boys boarding school in Dublin. Because of the nature of the film I’m expecting mixed reviews. The film may be frowned upon by religious people but at the same time appreciated by artists for its aesthetic look and animation. The audience will be drawn in by the eerie environment with sounds for the nighttime scenes and woken up by the morning brightness.

This film uses a number of techniques from 3D models & scanned images, which are textured in Photoshop to classically animated characters that are hand drawn and digitally painted. A breakdown of how it was put together will be up soon. 3Ds Max, Photoshop composited in AE, edited in Premiere.

Credits.

Ray Mongey
Stephen Fagan

http://www.dub3d.com/showreel/

Any comments/suggestions welcome as usual, thanks for watching.

www.dub3d.com

How are you exporting the movie? I have found if you export it through quicktime these are the best settings: use sorenson video 3 for the video, qaulity medium and mpeg-4 audio for sound. Reduced the size of the movie, I use 320x240.

Try this and your movie should be around 10-15megs making it much easy to download and the quality is very very good also big enough on screen for net viewing.

Hope that helps.. comments on exporting welcome.

Jon

Well, the story was alright. But I wouldn't add more special effects I think I'd go for more animation.

It definitely had an anime limited animation feel to it, with a little too many special lense flares and transparencies thrown in just because.

Yes I broke down and spent 4 hours downloading it.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Sorry I meant sound effects not special effects.

Cheers for the comments,

phacker: wow, thanks for spending the time to download it! I was going for a manga look for the main character from the start. What transperancys do you mean? I didnt think there were that many lense flares.

taylormation: I thought you meant sfx on the video ie: motion blur for the chase scene. I wanted to keep the sound fx to a minimun to let the "music" stay in focus.

I will def look into shrinking the video file, thanks for you patience, i will update later today, keep comments coming!

You are going to have be Steven Spielberg's chosen son for me to try and download 70 megs. My god can't you give us just a cut.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

goto that web page, its a 70MB quick time, and theres a streaming windows media wmv link too, try that

it works fine on pc but when streaming from net seems to cut film half way+back to start? any help?
Hava a look at it anyway, if it skips but you like the look of it download the quicktime

thanks

http://www.dub3d.com/showreel/

Any comments/suggestions welcome as usual, thanks for watching.

www.dub3d.com

Hey, I saw your film- I'm not Spielberg's son, just the joys of 2mb broadband.

I thought the the film was good. The styling was very nice and the music helped to give it that extra 'dark' feel.

I would maybe of used some more sfx to intensify the chase section. It would of also been nice to see a bit more animation, what the animation you had was good.

Yep but overall enjoyed he film. Don't ever worry about doing 'dangerous' subjects. These things happen and you can't shy away from them.

Yeah I know what ya mean about the broadband, its fantastic! I would always accomidate for 56K users, but with this film, I wanted as good enough quailty as possible but still allowing people to download/watch it...comprimise I suppose...

About the subject matter, its always good to hear peoples opinions on it

I would have liking to add more SFX, but a few good reasons why I couldnt at the time...Being in college and learning the software as you do the project and of course having only 4 months to create it!

Keep the comments coming and hopefully it'll be worth the wait downloading it!