Search form

Problem binding Character, using BVH skeleton

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem binding Character, using BVH skeleton

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while and has been very useful for me.
at the moment iam writing my disertation for my multimedia arts degree.

Its about Motion Capture vs Keyframming basicaly (YEAH YEAH! I KNOW NO MORE OF THE SAME CRAP THING), but i cant help it,a few months ago it was a big issue for me that iam starting in more profesional 3d character modeling using Maya).

My Disertation is called WHO KEY-FRAMMED THE MOCAP RABBIT? or it should be called WHO MOCAP THE KEY-FRAMED RABBIT?...i want to prove that Keyframing and Mocap helps to develop Hype-realistic movements, combining both techniques.

Anyway the thing as you might think iam trying to animated a rabbit (bit like bugs bunny long legs big feets) iam trying to retargeting movemnts from e-motek database basically BVH skeleton, importing to Maya 6 and then parenting to my skeleton (constrating Point) (as described on the Tutorial in e-motek site).www.e-motek.com

But at some point of the animation all clusters goes everywhere or make look some parts as paper , Try to Painted Weights but even when sometimes fix the problem a bit , it does not look any good ...

If you have any advice , tutorial link or something that helps i would very greatful.

Also i know that some of you guys are writing, or had written something similar I would like (if you dont mind) get some help as well on books , Links , Articles anything related to this issue (as i say before i have got some info that you guys had posted on the past regarding this issue, Thanks for that very useful).

Thanks for you help!

Bagman :confused:

Don't forget to try out the live animation chat rooms -www.skwigly.co.uk