Academy members will vote to determine five nominees for best animated feature film award at the 96th Academy Awards; films also qualify for other categories including best picture.
Today, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced 33 features that are eligible for consideration in the Animated Feature Film category for the 96th Academy Awards. Some films have not had the required qualifying release, which must be fulfilled to comply with the category’s other qualifying rules to advance in the voting process.
Members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch are eligible to vote in the category to determine the five nominees. Members outside of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch can opt in to participate. They must meet a minimum viewing requirement to be eligible to vote in the category. Films submitted in the Animated Feature Film category may also qualify for Academy Awards in other categories, including Best Picture.
The eligible films in Animated Feature Film category are:
- The Amazing Maurice
- Blue Giant
- The Boy and the Heron
- Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget Deep Sea
- Ernest & Celestine: A Trip to Gibberitia
- The First Slam Dunk
- The Inventor
- Lonely Castle in the Mirror
- The Magician’s Elephant
- Miraculous: Ladybug & Cat Noir, The Movie
- The Monkey King
- My Love Affair with Marriage
- Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
- The Peasants
- Robot Dreams
- Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
- They Shot the Piano Player
- Trolls Band Together
- Unicorn Wars
- Warrior King
The 96th Oscars will be held on Sunday, March 10, 2024.
Source: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences