Search form

Disney's "Tangled"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Disney's "Tangled"

In anticipation of the 50th animated Feature Film from Disney, here is a nice link to some character designs from the movie.
http://characterdesignnotes.blogspot.com/2010/11/disneys-tangled-character-design.html

It looks amazing, I hope it does well.

Aloha,
the Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

ooo I've seen bits of it, well in advance of it getting down under :D They flew Roy Conli and Glen Keane down to Melbourne for the opening week festivities of a Disney art exhibition. And so I squealed like a fangirl and took half a Friday off work. Roy and Glen gave a lecture, during which they showed us bits of Tangled, and some of the early tests and outtakes (in which the hair lands all around Rapunzel like half a ton of spaghetti!) It looks really good though, and under all the fast-talking wisecracks and gags, there is some serious artistic wizardry going on....

Rach3, you should try and find the Cartoon Network in your area. They have been running some excellent snick peeks for the past week. I think they are giving too much away but I have no idea of what their intelligence is saying.

The shocker is, I don't own a TV :D (Mind you, we must have seen a good 20 minutes' worth of the movie in that lecture, all up!)

It is damn amazing! Off to see it again tomorrow. I think Disney is back up to par with this movie. Congrats to the whole Feature team over there. They have created an instant classic they can be proud of.

Mahalo,
the Ape

It is damn amazing! Off to see it again tomorrow. I think Disney is back up to par with this movie. Congrats to the whole Feature team over there. They have created an instant classic they can be proud of.

Mahalo,
the Ape

That is some amazing acting. Ape, if you hear anything about motion capture being used in this film, I would like to know.

That is some amazing acting. Ape, if you hear anything about motion capture being used in this film, I would like to know.

I should have done more reading because I found, on the AWN main page, an article that said there was no motion capture in this movie.

The people on this movie did all this with key poses, that is amazing.
They should get a nomination for the work done on this movie.

Right. Finally got round to watching it...and it was fantastic! Loved the horse, mostly :D And of course, it all looks incredibly beautiful...good story, great acting, some lovely Broadway-ish musical numbers (though I can't remember any of them now!) But I think it's always going to have a special place in my books, if only because I got to meet Glen Keane and it's his directorial debut outing :)