Search form

Digicel's Flipbook & Scanner Compatibility

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Digicel's Flipbook & Scanner Compatibility

Hello all my fellow animator's,

I need some feedback for a simple studio I am settin up in my home. I recently purchased Flipbook to get started and their help pages mention that the best scanner to get are Epson's. After browsing the web, I decided that the cheapest and fastest scanner I could get is the Epson GT-2500. It can scan 27ppm which I think is a satisfactory speed.

My question is, is anyone familiar with this software and are aware of any compatibility issues? I do not want to dump a bunch of money into a setup that will not work.

Please post back with any information you may have in regards to my situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

neiltheanimator's picture
Neil Van Heukelem Traditional Animator

Neil Van Heukelem
Traditional Animator

I recently purchased Flipbook to get started and their help pages mention that the best scanner to get are Epson's.

After browsing the web, I decided that the cheapest and fastest scanner I could get is the Epson GT-2500. It can scan 27ppm which I think is a satisfactory speed.

My question is, is anyone familiar with this software and are aware of any compatibility issues? I do not want to dump a bunch of money into a setup that will not work.

I have Digicel Flipbook and an Epson scanner (Epson Expression 10000XL). They work fine together; no compatibility problems that I've ever noticed.
I don't know if the GT-2500 being an Auto-Document Feed scanner makes any difference ? (the Epson I have is a flatbed)

I've always found Kent Braun at Digicel to be a straight-up guy . Email him and ask about any concerns you have regarding the Epson GT-2500 working with Digicel Flipbook . If there is any potential problem with using the Epson GT-2500 I'm sure that Kent will let you know and suggest an alternative .

I'm gonna second the props for Kent. I've used Flipbook in the past, and Kent was always helpful and prompt with responses whenever I had questions or issues (many of the former, almost none of the latter...)

Do you guys happen to have a direct extension to his e-mail or should I just send my questions to the general tech support box, techsupt@digicel.net?

Again, you guys have been super helpful.

Neil

Neil Van Heukelem
Traditional Animator