Search form

My first animation project : 2D - Mike & Mac

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
My first animation project : 2D - Mike & Mac

Hey folks!!

Just finished my first animation project in 2D. Is called Mike & Mac.
All hand-drawn and then digital colored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1t-aqlP61w

Please let me know what you guys think.

Regards!

Diego Cruz

I can see that you put a lot of effort into this piece. Looks to be a good beginning project so I hope you keep pushing your creative juices.

But is it... any good ? :o

I`m getting a lot of ''nice effort'' kind of commentaries...
It`s my first animation, did all by pencil, then pen, scanned all the paperwork, colored using illustrator and put all together with after effects.

My friends here that saw me doing it love it, but i need feedback from ''outside the bubble'' :)

The clip could use some tightening up with editing. Parts of your clip drag on a little too long so there is some trimming needed there. You art work is fine but your animation is almost nonexistent.

With such a long clip, building a frame by frame animation would take a lot more time. When or if you cut down your clip, you could use it as a guide to where you could bring in more movement.

Given the style of animation you have chosen you might wont to pure more effort into your next project.

Is this the type of comment you are looking for? I hope some of the others here will post their thoughts also.

Yep, thank you very much.

I think the same as you in almost every aspect of your comment.

I was in my second year and it was a 4 month animation project and i didn`t knew nothing about how to do it. (this animation was complete 2 years ago but it was all black and white, only now i completed the sound and colored version).

I think this was a nice learning method for me, doing all by myself (maybe except for the sound composition).

I just don`t know what you mean by frame by frame. This was a frame by frame animation (well i think so). Every chracter movement was drawn separetely and then put as intended in the after effects timeline.

Your hand drawing skills is very good in this work,and I believe you are very confident on your skills.

i really enjoyed it! you're style was unique!

cc