Search form

Ralph Sutter - Some New Work

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ralph Sutter - Some New Work

Hey everyone!

It's been almost 2 full years since I posted anything in these forums as I have been terribly busy working on a lot of animations for school.

Throughout the past 2 years I have been trying to focus most of my attention on 3D modeling / animation and I feel that I have grown in skills quite a bit (imagine if I didn't, paying insanely high tuition fees would have been pointless).

So, I would like to share with you some of my stuff! Please, look at these and feel free to critique. In fact, I insist :) I really could use the feedback at this time.

Here you can find a temporary general reel (still going to add new footage and edit most of it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjS384b9eA

Here you can see my latest animation (which I could only afford to spend 8 long days on):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkC7ymQg_MA

And here are two links to some more stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/foxhound1984 (youtube channel)

http://raw.channelfrederator.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=2v566p4sdrane (some 2D and 3D Stills)

Please, snoop around! Any feedback would be sincerely appreciated!

~ Ralph

No responses? :(

It will be a few more days before I can take a look, but you posted some very interesting pictures. It looks like you have a possible franchise on your hands, with those characters.

Thank you for taking the time to look! I would definitely appreciate it if you gave the videos a go when you get the chance.

~ Ralph

WOW!! I think it looks fantastic!! I can see you on a some short lists in the near future! Everything looks great, fun, imaginative. I only have a few small things to offer:

1. I think you should separate your work into "chapters": 3D animation, 3D modeling and 2D animation. Don't make someone sit through Flash when you're going for a modeling job. It's OK to have them on the same reel, but it's better to let people navigate to what they want to see.

2. For modeling, incorporate wire frames into your turntables. The most typical is to go from wire to shaded to textured.

3. Make sure your phone number is on the beginning and the end!!!!

4. This one is picky ... but I think your lighting can be a little more polished.

Good luck. Great work!

WOW!! I think it looks fantastic!! I can see you on a some short lists in the near future! Everything looks great, fun, imaginative. I only have a few small things to offer:

1. I think you should separate your work into "chapters": 3D animation, 3D modeling and 2D animation. Don't make someone sit through Flash when you're going for a modeling job. It's OK to have them on the same reel, but it's better to let people navigate to what they want to see.

2. For modeling, incorporate wire frames into your turntables. The most typical is to go from wire to shaded to textured.

3. Make sure your phone number is on the beginning and the end!!!!

4. This one is picky ... but I think your lighting can be a little more polished.

Good luck. Great work!

Thank you so much for taking the time to look through all of my stuff :) It is sincerely appreciated!

I will definitely make the necessary adjustements soon :) The reason everything is still in one reel is because I simply haven't had the time to assemble more specialized reels. I only had one spare afternoon to make a "general" reel. I will definitely work on the seperated modeling/animation/2D and 3D reels over this break though.

About the lighting, I agree that it could be better. But for some odd reason youtube really exaggerates and amplifies the contrast in uploaded movies. The Mime Fight video has a ton of bounced light in it and looks nowhere near as dark when played directly.

Would you happen to know of any decent online file hosting sites that would allow me to upload my video?

Again, thank you for taking the time to critique my work!

~ Ralph

Vimeo is a popular one. I think Deviant Art lets you upload videos. When I was in school I just picked up a cheap website from IXwebhosting and uploaded my own.

Vimeo is a popular one. I think Deviant Art lets you upload videos. When I was in school I just picked up a cheap website from IXwebhosting and uploaded my own.

AND...AWN Blog page.

Thank you very much! I had totally forgotten about AWN's own blog! :)

Did you get a chance to check out the videos Wontobe?