Search form

any opportunities?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
any opportunities?

i was wondering if anyone knew of any awards, competitions etc. for student animators- i'm in high school in australia, pretty average at animating but i really enjoy it

ive won ATOM awards in the past, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about anything similar...? much appreciated

thanks

Antics Medical Shorts Competition - $1000 prize

Hi,

Antics is hosting a contest to be judged by 3-time Oscar Winning VFX Sup., Jim Rygiel.

Details are as follows:

You do NOT need to buy Antics to participate in the contest. You can download the FREE V3 BasePack from www.antics3d.com.

Want to win $1000? One of 3 FREE Medical Content Packs? Kudos from an Oscar Winner? Love and adoration from your peers?

Enter the Antics Medical Shorts Competition Now!

Whether you are a filmmaker, Machinimator, animator or simply anyone with a creative vision, now is your chance to show off your storytelling skills in the Antics Medical Shorts Competition.

Judging the submissions will be 3-time Oscar Winning VFX Supervisor Jim Rygiel.

Jim won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects in 3 consecutive years for his work on the Lord of the Rings. He was also recently the VFX supervisor on Click and Night at the Museum, and is currently using Antics for the Chronicles of Narnia.

The top three submissions will each receive an Antics V3 ProPack license AND the winner of the competition will receive an additional $1000.

All 3 winners will be announced on our web-site and their movies will be uploaded to the Antics Cinema.

To enter the competition and for all of the details, please see http://www.antics3d.com/index.php?ac...content_id=129

Important dates, information and guidelines for the competition:
1. Contest kicks-off on December 21, 2007. All entries must be submitted by February 8th, 2008
3. Participants receive three FREE Medical content packs
4. Top three each receive a FREE Antics V3 ProPack version
5. Top Prize is $1000
6. Winners are chosen by Jim Rygiel
7. Videos are to be between 30 seconds to 2 minutes
8. All stories should have a medical theme.
9. We encourage you to use the medical packs provided, but you are welcome to utilize other Antics content and import additional 3rd party content.

If you have any questions or queries, please email competitions@antics3d.com.

Good Luck!!

The Antics Team