Search form

My Cartoon Short for Class

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
My Cartoon Short for Class

Had to finish a cartoon short for my Intermediate 2D animation class. So I took a clip from a Dane Cook sketch and did a simple animation to go along with it.

My biggest problems that I see are that my movements are still very mechanical looking. I've got arcs going on, but I think its my spacing. Its probably all to even.

My second problem is that I can't seem to get my character to stay on model at all. And that's really frustrating. Though I suppose that has something to do with the fact that I tried using just a Wacom Tablet for this one.

Well, I hope you enjoy listening to Dane Cook's sketch and I hope the visuales add a little something to it. Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts and any criticisms.

Horror Movie

I thought it was pretty good, especially when the babysitter streaks out of the frame. Not a big fan of your scene transitions though.

You know you can turn on onion skinning in flash and line your stuff up.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Yeah, I'm still learning Flash so I wasn't sure how to make a good scene transition.

I used the Onion Skin, but it was just making her face look the same from scene to scene and keeping her volumes from shifting that I had a problem with.

This was definatly a learning experience and over all I'm not overly happy with it. So all that means is on to the next one!

Nice, are you going to keep building on this, like background and stuff.

After my critique in class and watching it several times I'm think I'm going to redo it all together. I've got to rethink how I go about animatin in Flash all together.

*chalks up another learning experience*