Search form

Flash shape tweening issue

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flash shape tweening issue

Hi Can anyone explain why when I tween a stroke in Flash Mx it seems to flip itself? This is not the desired effect.

A word to the wise: stay away from shape tweening whenever possible. The desired effects you want almost never work and shape hints are a complete waste of time. Shape tweening is one of the weaker features in flash!

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

shape tweening makes me gag!

It must be the lousiest feature in computer software ever invented. I always have to frame by frame animate anything that aproaches 2d special effects/ natural phenomena

I also have not had a great deal of luck with shape tweening. It seems to work best when your shapes are simple and the change isn't that dramatic. Even then, shape hints are frequently necessary. Animate it by hand; you'll save time and curse far less... ;)

Yeah, shape tweening is pretty inconsistent. The more complex the shape the more Flash just gets confused. Using shape hints MAY help if your stroke is very simple. But I agree, your best bet is to animate it yourself.

Whew! It isn't just me.

well you cant shape tween to simulate a cel movement.crash!burN!

Hi Can anyone explain why when I tween a stroke in Flash Mx it seems to flip itself? This is not the desired effect.

Because Flash is stupid.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."