Search form

what are the vector based 2d animation programs used by big animation companies

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi Victorialatham, welcome to the AWN forums. I'm not sure about the Mr. Bean cartoon. It looks graphic enough to be animated in Flash, but I didn't get to see any animation to be able to tell.

I do know that Cartoon Network, Disney, and Warner Bros. all have cartoon series that are animated in Flash. Cartoon Network actually has 2 and a half, "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends," "Hi Hi PUffy Ami Yumi," and "Atomic Betty." I keep hearing differing reports that "Atomic Betty" is animated in Flash, or ToonBoom, that's why I say 2 and a half. :D I'm not sure about the European studios, but that's what they are using in the at the US studios.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

The Brothers McLeod
[SIZE=2]brothersmcleod.co.uk[/SIZE]

Hi Victorialatham. I think Mr. Bean was done traditionally, with thick clean up outlines. The animation of his automobile looks like it was done in 3D.

Other shows that I know of that are made using Flash are Warner Bros.' "Mucha Lucha", Nickelodeon's "Yakkity Yak" and YTV's "Being Ian". The latter two are animated series produced entirely in Flash by Studio B.

Blog

i know that Disneys Buzz on Maggie was done in Flash and Warners Coconut Fred(title might be Coconut something else) is being done in Flash and is in pre-production in India right now.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Oh yeah, I forgot the "Shanna Show" on Toon Disney, or Disney Toons, or what ever their kiddy station is in the mornings. That is also being animated in Flash. And there are several other series that are currently in development at several of the main studios that are to be animated using Flash.

Aloha,
the Ape

Just to weigh in (if a little late), I'm pretty sure you're right on Atomic Betty being done in Flash.

I've mostly only heard of studios using Flash for vector stuff. I don't know of any off the top of my head using Toon Boom, Moho or The Tab. But that doesn't mean they aren't out there, they just aren't making a big deal of it. Flash is a buzz word that even executives have heard of, so it doesn't hurt to mention it in trade articles.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

any idea what the budgets for the epis are ?

any idea what the budgets for the epis are ?

I can't say ;)

Aloha,
the Ape