Search form

Flash exe to Broadcast quality

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flash exe to Broadcast quality

Dear All,

i m doing Flash character Animation. when i am exporting my flash file into .avi file. the quality of the movie is very low. i would like to give broadcast quality .avi file to my client. but i dont know how ?
please advice ?

i hope someone help me.

To create a good quality video you should at first create an swf file and then convert it to avi using a special program such as Flash to Video Encoder. You even don't need to have Macromedia Flash installed on your computer!

Yogyog > On some graphic cards 32-bit is the only option that would be displayed, because you "get" 24 with it. If there's no transparency to deal with it just becomes the last 8 irrelevant bits =)

So his list would go

8-bit (also unlikely -unless- you're in image manip software)
16-bit
32-bit

Many ways to skin a cat...

...though, I'm not sure I'd want to try!

How we do our Broadcast spots (30fps, 720x486) is like this:
Export Movie>QuickTime Video
Format: 24 bit color (check "Smooth" box)
Compressor: Animation
Quality=highest level on slider
Sound Format: Disable

Now the sound is disabled because we work with lower kHz "scratch" tracks at this point for lip-synch.

Next we take said .mov to the previous sound recording studio and "sweeten" the mix with music and SFX. Audio is then burned to CD at 44kHz 16 bit.

Finally we take both CD's to a dub/edit suite and match the 2-pop audio with the :30 second spot in FCP. Slap onto a Digi-Beta for the Master, and create dubs for the stations from that!

Ta-dah!

But of course, there are many ways to do it...! ;)

Splatman :D

32bit colour with alpha IS a little un-neccessery - the only differance between it and 24 bit is that 32 bit is the alpha channel - the tranparancy channel.

Mike Futcher - www.yogyog.org

Why do some people ask for x480 instead of x486? What are those extras for?

Good question!

NTSC DV, 720x480
NTSC DV Widescreen, 720x480
NTSC D1, 720x486

Yowza!

Well I guess my actual question is, what is the difference in their usage? With an example, if you'd be so kind. Genuinely curious.

No worries!

From what I understand, TV and video (NTSC D1, 720x486) are both 486 pixels high.

And Digital Video (NTSC DV, 720x480 and NTSC DV Widescreen, 720x480) ...note the "DV's"...are only 480 pixels high.

DVD's are also only 480.

If you shoot Digital Video from a miniDV camera, it will be 480 high.

Why, you ask? No freakin' idea! :confused:

Some one on high decided that that was going to be the Digital Video size standards for all to follow... :o

Cheers!

Thank you kind sir. I am much obliged.

This site covers the basics pretty well... hope it helps.

http://www.flickerlab.com/flashtovideo/

When you export the animation you are given option windows. Set the Video fromat to 32 bit color w/alpha, and make sure the "Compress video" box is NOT checked. Also if you have audio set that to the highest output, 44kHz 16 bit stereo I believe. Then export it out. That should do it, but it'll make your file file size very big. Good luck.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

hi, really its very good ref site. its helping me a lot !!!

thanks Motionmilitia
thanks Animated Ape..

I have one more question, i m using adobe premiere for my video editing.

Is there any way to import .swf file directy in to premiere ? pls advice.

For broadcast, I usually render bmp files and then import those into FCP or After Effects. Works fine.

thanks beeblebrox, good tips. i try my best.