Search form

NEW Lucky Bob Short!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
NEW Lucky Bob Short!

Hey all,
I have just finished my 6th Lucky Bob cartoon and my 15th short film to date :D
Lucky Bob in: "Drinkin' Problems".
This one was made all digitally. This movie was made to mostly test out how Bob would animate on the computer. You should get an IDEA of what Bob will look like in his movie. Hopefully the animation will be BETTER.
Well enough talk, here it is :D

Lucky Bob

Spoooze!

I have an updated version I'm uploading tomorrow just so you all know :D

Congratulations on having more duration on the piece instead of the credits this time...Big first step =)

Also, good taste in music...

Thanks :D Ya, I just decided to not have a lot of credits. I just put my name at the front this time.

I had no problem with your trailer as many trailers are just flying logos

But your story, like your punching machine one, needs more of a set-up....even the old Saturday Night Live's Mr. Bill, that's premise was to see Mr. Bill get beat up, had a set-up of some kind.

Just to have nitro-glycerin lying around and dirnking it becasue he wants water is not plausible. Adding him in a lab situation for example raises the plausibilkty...or he's working in the tool shed listening to music with his bottled water by his side where he might have such a chemical lying around is even more plausible....Do you understand?
Even the most absurd thing has to be plausible...not even possible...nor realistic....but acceptable within the context you've established your character.

Just saying "I'm thirsty" then drinking nitro...from a side-table where there is not even a similar looking bottle of h2o is weak...or just saying "I feel like dancing..." or "La-dee-dee, I'll press this button on this punching machine".....are not strong to practically non-existant set-ups.

I really like your stuff, Spooze, and want to encourage you to keep creating. I've found your stuff charming and funny (in a way you may not intend). Just that that innocence in your creating that lends charm to your simpler stuff can also bite you in the butt when it comes to trying to tell a little more complex story.

Ok, I'll try and redo it according to the stuff you gave me here :D
Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you like my stuff.

Spoooze!

P.S.
What did you think of the animation? It's my first Lucky Bob using Moho.I know there wasn't that much animation. I'm gonna have more in the new version .

Out of curiosity, how old are you, and do you have an educational background in anim? I remember something about having an animator father, but I never read anything about you personally.

I'm 15 going on 16. I've had some animation teaching from my Dad who is an animator. I've learned a lot from him and from books and stuff.

Spoooze!