Search form

Little advice on an animation quotation

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Little advice on an animation quotation

Hy,

Can someone provide me some hints on how to make a quotation for a movie clip with 7 to 10 minutes length ?
Here are the details i know :
The clip will have bethween 10 and 15 characters with various movements : run , walk , climb , eat , drink , talk
The characters will be mainly the humans and some cat , dog .
Backgrounds wil be around 8 and 2 of them will be animated (weather changing) .
It is the first movie we intend to do , we are very trained peoples in animation domain with a lot of experience but the only problem is that we have only worked the artistic stuff , not the finacial part .
The movie will be made by hand and only the colouring process for characters will be made on computer .
I hope that details are enough to give me a starting point on the quotation .

All best ,
Alexandru Petrescu
Adsoftdesign

Thank's

We estimated around 8-10000 EURO for a minute , all i wanted to see if i mistake . Thank's a lot . From your post i understood that 8 to 12000 EURO is an Eastern EUROPE price . Can you tell us what is the price for example WESTERN EUROPE and AMERICA ?

It would be best to help us with the budget sheet . You can send it at adsoftdesign@home.ro . With your sheet we will double verify our offer . We are not intending to take the skin of a man , but we don't want either to make a non-profit movie .

The crew is for the moment around 18 to 25 peoples . I pronounced around beacouse here the style/clean artists come and go frequently , i think it's a deseas in their rows . We have Animators (level 1 and level 2) , Art director , Layout superviser , Animation Director , Clean-up coordinator , Computer operators , Background artists and few stable Clean-up peoples . At this crew i can add in any moment actors for voices , sound ingeeners and composers .
For this project i have to make an extension of my crew beacouse of the sound requirements . We will handle all project from beggining to end .
We are a young company on the animation market but all of my crew (stable ones) has experience of around 20-25 years in animation domain . I could say that i tooked the cream of romanian animation studios .

Best regards,
Petrescu Alexandru Emilian

A Ball Park Figure

Hello.

I am assuming it is an all inhouse crew...

You email looks to be from Romania.

$10,000-$15,000.00 US. dollars a minute or 8-12.000 Euros a minute would be a VERY budget for you.

What's your time frame and the size of the crew?

Ask the client what they have in mind? Usually the first one who answers loses...better to come in high and nogoiate down than vice versa.

Another approach...

Figure out your salary base for the number of weeks of production. Ask your local post production studio for a set price (show them storyboards) for transfers, editing, sound mixes, stock, recording, actors, sound efx, music, etc.

Estimate your supply costs. and then add a 15-20% extra just in case...after all of that...add your profit margin...and there you go.

I can put up a budget sheet if you wish...