Search form

Animation: Superhero Ball Test

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation: Superhero Ball Test

well, this is my first post on here... just thought i'd show you guys a test for an animated short i'm working on... Thanks in advance for any advice! :D

http://www.members.cox.net/capel3d/obstacle_course.wmv

Hey capel, what a cool little character... i love the blend shape into the muscles! I think you executed the animation quite well... looks like you'll have lots of good opportunites for squash and stretch! I know it's only a test, but my only concern was that at the very beginning you have the camera moving when he is jumping on screen and it was hard to tell what was going on. But apart from that, I really liked it... had that great cartoony style when he was jumping and sliding through the spikes of death!

Is this a personal short film?

"i love the graph editor"
[ChrisMagovern.com]
and visit me on myspace...

Additionally

It really really reads like his first jump into the camera ends with him looking in the direction of the machine, but that first time, he does nothing about it...

I also wonder if you could sweep a little farther in at the end......not necessarily to be us-character-machine in direct alignment, but that pan-esque thing just feels like the setup to a longer follow-through, if that makes any sense...

hey thanks for the suggestions, guys... Since that was just a test, this update will look quite a bit different... This is gonna be the first shot of the short, oh and yeah, this is just a personal project... i got this idea about a week ago and thought i'd give it a try... Anyhoo, let me know what you guys think... I REALLY want to get the idea across...

Here's the link:

www.members.cox.net/capel3d/O_Course.wmv

oh yeah, and please keep in mind that the lighting is VERY temporary... :D

Hey capel,
That clip sets us up nicely for what is about to come!

It really really reads like his first jump into the camera ends with him looking in the direction of the machine, but that first time, he does nothing about it...

Again, I think Scattered's comment still applies here. Also, I know it's a very cartoony stylized piece, but at the beginning, his stop as he gets to the edge of the cliff seems slightly off... I think maybe it's the follow through being too fast?

I think it's a cool concept though and I hope you keep sharing it with us... what program are you using? And how'd you create the text bubbles? Neat little effect!

[ChrisMagovern.com]

Devil_3d: I'm using lightwave 3d. And yeah, i've tweaked his eyes at the start so he's looking to the side... Hopefully it reads a little better. i'll post the update... As for the bubbles, they're just 3d objects, squashed and stretched...

cool, i've never used lightwave actually... I wasn't sure if the text bubbles were some sort of plug-in that makes it easier to type the text in or something. well, hope to see more!

[ChrisMagovern.com]

Hehe

What's funny is I didn't notice he still "missed" the machine in the second version...Yes, that's right, I'm distracted by pretty colors =) In all seriousness that's a hell of an improvement and I really GOT, in classic style, how hard-won of a battle it will have to be for that little guy to get to her...Kudos on your work and improvements...

wow, thanks for the compliments, guys... i'll post an update on the next shot when soon.... stay tuned... :D

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

That's a sweat little critter you got there!!!

Nice

'love to see cool stuff like that...
especially whenit's coming out of lightwave!!

keep going !!
'love it
P.

!

So many nice things said by so many. NOw I want to know what this film of yours looks like. But alas, I have a mac. Can you make a quicktime movie of this so that I can see it too?

We mac users may be stupid for owning macs, but at least our computers are pretty, dammit:)

L8r,