* Tuesday, April 21-Sunday, April 26. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.The first Sprockets Toronto International Film Festival for Children.Animated works in the program include the 1940s "Animaland" cartoons byDavid Hand, "Carmen Habanera" by Polish animator Aleksandra Korejwo and"Smoke" by Cal Arts graduate Bobby Podesta. For information, call (416)968-FILM.
* Wednesday, April 22-Friday, April 24. Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A.The first annual Motion Graphics, Animation and Arts Festival will takeplace at Cafe Paradiso, at 8:30 p.m. each night. For information, visitwww.efn.org/~franka/MAF/MovingArtFestival.html.
* Thursday, April 23. Burbank, California, U.S.A.Women In Animation Los Angeles will present "Sink or Swim?: The CurrentState of Independent Animation Studios," a panel discussion featuring KarenDufilho (Pixar), Bruce Johnson (Porchlight), Corey Powell (Hyperion), DavidPritchard (Film Roman), Sue Shakespeare (Creative Capers) and Terry Thoren(Klasky Csupo). There will also be a screening of Pixar's Oscar-winningshort, "Geri's Game," and a Historical Committee tribute to Marija Dail.The event will be at the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank. Space is limited andadvance RSVP is required. Call (310) 535-3838.
* Friday, April 24 and Saturday, April 25. North Vancouver, BritishColumbia, Canada.Capilano College will hold the 1998 graduate show for its CommercialAnimation Program students. Friday night is invitation only but Saturdaynight is open to the public. For information, email@example.com.
* Friday, April 24 and Saturday, April 25. Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.The Film Department of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) willpresent two programs of animation: "A Tribute to Louise Beaudet and theCinematheque Quebecoise" and "A Celebration of Stop-Motion Animation" withguest animator Henry Selick. Admission to each event is $6.00 for thegeneral public. Call (213) 857-6000.
* Friday, April 24. Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.The Arizona State University Art Museum will present its second annualShort Film and Video Festival at 8:30 p.m. For a list of films, visitwww.asuam.fa.asu.edu/filmfest/main.html.
* Wednesday, April 22-Sunday, April 26. Oslo, Norway.The fifth International Oslo Animation Festival will feature Nordic andBaltic films in competition and international programs, includingaward-winners from international festivals and special programs presentingthe jury members and their films. For information, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.manelyst.filmenshus.no/oaf/
* Monday, April 27. San Francisco, California, U.S.A.The Ideas in Animation series continues at Minna Street Gallery with twoperformances at 7:00 and 10:00 p.m. Nik Phelps and the Sprocket Ensemblewill perform live music to two clay animated films by cartoonist NinaPaley. Admission is $10.00 general, $7.00 for students. For information andreservations call (415) 681-3189.