Search form

I would like to restart my animation career - which field is the most profitable?

1 post / 0 new
I would like to restart my animation career - which field is the most profitable?

Greetings!

I'll try to keep it short - F/36/illustrator and graphic designer

I was interested in animation since kindergarten. Although I was studying PR, I was drawing all the time, and even had a job as an traditional animator in one company during the college.

There I learned a lot about hand drawn animation on paper, and my team produced satyrical cartoon on daily basis. I'm very grateful for that experience, but life moved me away from it, and in the meantime I worked in other areas, mostly 'static' illustration and graphic jobs.

I have a quirky style, cartoonish, my ex boss on animation project always told me I'm a talent and I know that.

Now - I would like to move away from print design and go back to animation.

I'm interested in 3d animation (I have learned softwares, Maya and Max), and 2d animation  as well. I'm also interested in commercials, marketing, gaming - actually I don't know what I want to do - everything seem equally great to me!

So I figured I should choose animation area which is most profitable bcs I would probably need some time to learn and upgrade some software knowledge and I don't wanna waste my time.

So what do you guys think - which animation field is the best choice to invest some time and effort in?

Hope this topic isn't too banal. :)

Thank you in advance!