Search form

AnimationNation.com

131 posts / 0 new
Last post

...what are you? An Animationnation moderator?

What's the problem if a thread drifts back and forth a little? Not to get too harsh on you Harvey, but it's not like so terribly important that we stick with the topic of bashing AN.

Oh, c'mon. What are you: the Harvey moderator?
Don't aspire to be difficult.

no such aspirations.;)

Sorry guys, but you’re mistaken again. The putz is here to ask that Dan Sarto and the rest of the mods kindly keep the slanderous personal remarks that have been published on AWN’s forums about me off the boards. I also wanted to clear up the misinformation that’s been posted here by your members but I can see that it ain’t worth the effort. This is one messed up place.

Thanks Harvey Human for at least trying to be human and showing some courtesy.

This is one messed up place.

You're not going to win any converts painting with so broad a brush.
If you are upset that people generalize about AN based on a few instances, maybe you shouldn't make similar generalizations about AWN based on this single thread.

The putz is here to ask that Dan Sarto and the rest of the mods kindly keep the slanderous personal remarks that have been published on AWN’s forums about me off the boards.

You seem to have gotten your wish. The anti-AN threads were deleted from the forum. I imagine the next step will be to delete all the anti-AN posts from this thread.

If you are upset that people generalize about AN based on a few instances, maybe you shouldn't make similar generalizations about AWN based on this single thread.You seem to have gotten your wish. The anti-AN threads were deleted from the forum. I imagine the next step will be to delete all the anti-AN posts from this thread.

i think AWN is wrong in doing that. its my opinion and im not going to attack the mods for doing this.

if people talk about their personal experiences with someone which is industry related i think they should be allowed to do so. i can understand some level of restraint or changing names but deletion is not right. especially after all this time.

i hope this isnt a bit too forward. good job so far, this hasnt degenerated into nastiness yet.

Im waiting fo Senor Charles explanations and i do so without any malice.

If you are upset that people generalize about AN based on a few instances, maybe you shouldn't make similar generalizations about AWN based on this single thread.

Couldn't agree more, Harvey.

You seem to have gotten your wish. The anti-AN threads were deleted from the forum. I imagine the next step will be to delete all the anti-AN posts from this thread.

That is disappointing, and it sets an unfortunate precedent.

DSB, if you want to continue your account on AN, send a message to us please at the general address of the site (info {{at]] animationnation.com) with your onscreen account name and I’ll personally look into it to see what’s up. Please address the message to my attention and I’ll be sure to check into it.

Thanks, but I'll pass. Like I've said repeatedly, I'm comfortable with my decision regarding AN. Besides, this comment of yours...

Anyone that wants to stay on AN in an unsubscribed status and tells us who they are is free to stay on.

...seems to be in conflict with these statements you made on the AN boards here:

"we are going to convert to a fully subscribed board."
"If your account is older than a year and is not subscribed, it will likely be suspended."

Since I've decided to not subscribe, it looks like it'd be only a matter of time until my account will be suspended again. I'll save us both the time and trouble and leave things the way they are.

Again, best wishes for future success. I'll undoubtely contine to drop by AN occasionally to read the latest.

No, I'll be watching this post.. I have multiple bets going...

I have $5 bucks on this that Meriwether will call me a racist.
$10 that he'll bitch out and not reply.. hoping this will go away do he can call someone else a racist another day..
$15 that he'll reply, and say something totally unrelated...

..and the safe bets..
$50 That sajdera will continue to bring nothing to the table again, and say something meaningless and ireverent
$50 That Haredevil and DSB will say something stupid..
$50 That Ken will say something relating wussies to Canada...

and...
$200 That your manginas will get inflamed, and you'll complain to the mod to have this deleted.

I should call my bookie about Charles's reaction to me being thought of as him. LMAO!!!!

C'mon fellas.. make me rich!:D

$10 that he'll bitch out and not reply.. hoping this will go away do he can call someone else a racist another day..

..and the safe bets..
$50 That sajdera will continue to bring nothing to the table again, and say something meaningless and ireverent

and...
$200 That your manginas will get inflamed, and you'll complain to the mod to have this deleted.

I should call my bookie about Charles's reaction to me being thought of as him. LMAO!!!!

Nope, I'll call you a gutless asshole. At least I have the guts to use my real name--you don't. That speaks volumes about you, LOL!

You could offer a better "arguement" in this thread, but we know you dont have the stones to do that, right? Just just want to troll and disrupt things.
Come back when yer bigger, kid, leave the real discussions to the ones that can.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

The more you post up the more you tell about yourself troll. You’re Canadian, *edit*, and you don’t have a leg to stand on.

That link to AN’s forum was from September 11, 2001. Everyone was understandably upset. AWN’s own Animation Pimp insisted that the mods do something so the topic was closed down because of the request of someone we considered an important member. If you don’t believe me than read it for yourself, it’s right there. Keep it up, I don’t mind giving this thread a bump.

..and the safe bets..

and...

..let me call you sweetheart ( you just lost your first two bets)...all of your presumptions/comments about me and the rest of this board are so off track you should be working for the Bush administration.....and the only one who crybabied her way into getting a thread deleted here at AWN was the princess who rules over there in Happy Meadows (just lost your third bet)
..please send our winnings in a stabbed undressed elephant c/o the Mods here

PS to A. Ape..thanks, you didn't have to state the obvious, but with someone like Bruce Baby I guess it must be spelled out in small easy to read words.

my first is in england but not in france
my second's in shirts but never in pants
who am I?

Aww, ya had to go and be nasty. And after I said something (relatively) nice about Charles too...

Meriwether called it. The only one who's gotten content deleted off this site recently is the guy you're busy defending. So who's got the "mangina" now?

It is interesting that Charles professes to not care what this board thinks of him, yet he now has a friend rushing in to defend him, and in the most crass and obnoxious way possible. It speaks volumes.

It is interesting that Charles professes to not care what this board thinks of him, yet he now has a friend rushing in to defend him, and in the most crass and obnoxious way possible. It speaks volumes.

Oh, he cares..........he's got a right nasty bee in his bonnet over it.
So much so that................well, let's just say that its "tricklin' down theory" all over again.....;)

funny posts

Hey Charles aka Bruise! Get some help! We DO NOT want anymore of your drama queen episodes, that's enough! we get it!! Just let it go, man . When I say let it go. It means let go of the past, let go of this thread. Throw in all the moniker you like but, there's nothing you could do to uplift your icky site. Your gullible disciples are waiting for you, we're already doin' fine here.

"Baggage" is a term from counselling and it means all of the emotional consequences of life - in particular is means the negative aspects of the past that the person has not left behind - so a person with "baggage" makes life more difficult for themself by carrying around the burden of the 'unfinished business' of their life. It is a helpful, but over-employed metaphor.

AN seem to have lots of posters with 'baggage' in them.:rolleyes:

Please watch you langauge and the name calling. I think we are all adult enough to be able to disagree without resorting to gradeschool name calling. Thank you.

Bruise Lee, I wish you made these bets with me. By my count I'd be over 300 dollars richer, as no one has complained yet to have this deleted.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I'm kind of surprised a person like Bruise doesn't realize that if he/she held his/her tongue this thread would be dead and relegated to the deeper pages here inside of a week.
If he's come to defend Charles, he's not only extended the life of this thread, but intensified the negative spotlight onto himself as well as Charles.

But anything to help a friend, I suppose.........

I’m not here to win converts, guys. I’m here to set the facts straight about the AN site and to ask that Dan and the mods keep the former AN trolls who are using AWN to publish personally slanderous remarks about me to keep those remarks off the AWN boards. As a consequence some of you have brought up grievances you had or have with AN and I’m addressing your comments. I’m trying to address those grievances in the spirit of goodwill. If that's not possible I’ll drop it and stick to what I originally came here to do.

For example, Ken left the AN boards and insisted that his account be closed in part because of what was perceived as an insult against Canadians. That was 4 years ago. I’m confident that it wasn’t an insult. Probably a poor attempt at humor or perhaps he just misinterpreted what I was saying. And for that, and after all this time, the rage continues to such an irrational extent that a reasonable conversation doesn’t seem possible here.

Ken and others also stated that I deliberately misled our members in that I used the funds from the IE, AN’s subscription system, to help pay for the site’s overhead. That somewhere along the line I stated that this was going to be for use in a production. I know I didn't say that. I asked AN members who were there at the time I proposed this system and I checked into the AN archives. What I originally represented was that the money raised from the IE was going to be spent 1/3 on overhead, 1/3 on content, and 1/3 on charitable contributions and outreach programs on behalf of the international animation community and as a general reserve fund.

If you don’t like AN that’s fine. But that doesn’t mean that members of the AWN forums have cart blanche to post that I’m a racist, to allude that I lied about the IE, to call me childish names and to let this go on for months and months. However you feel about my site, this is something that would never, and I mean never happen on AN to anyone here on your forums. There’s nothing that ever happened to any one individual in this community on AN that would warrant the kind of behavior that’s been tolerated here in the form of these attacks on my good name.

As far as DSB’s point about migrating to a fully subscribed membership on AN, as I mentioned before there are hundreds of accounts on AN that are still active even though they’re not subscribed. There’s dozens of contributed subscriptions available. AN is not like other forums and doesn’t try to be. We’re always pushing the envelope in some way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes folks get angry, sometimes they get happy, sometimes they don’t care. We try to adjust. If you don’t want to be on the AN forums I’m cool with that. All I ask is that Dan, the mods and you guys the members of AWN’s forums have a little class and refrain from the kinds of malicious, hostile practices that were directed against me for no justifiable reason. We outgrew that stuff on AN a long time ago and our forums are much, much better as a result. Just use a little common sense and common courtesy please. Thanks.

Hey Charles,
I've looked at AN once before but I never joined. Not because I don't like it it's just that I never actually gone back and registered an account.

I never knew there was so much...anger... between the members of AN and AWN... :eek:

James :cool:

... And Now For Something Completely Different.

Love it when people say "let's get back to talking about animation, okay?" Heh. :o Just do it, then!

There's no anger here...

I'm a proud member of each. ;)

Both places have their knucklehead posters (opinion!) and both have their place.

It's a free world (mostly), and we all talk about animation (mostly).

Personaly, I'll be bopping back and forth between 'em both!

Cheers!

Splatman:D

The more you post up the more you tell about yourself troll. You’re Canadian, *edit*, and you don’t have a leg to stand on.

..what on EARTH are you babbling about, sweetheart??

..and when the fierce bad rabbit realized he wasn't winning any converts among those who know better, he fled back to his own meadow, where everyone gave him a big group hug and said exactly what he wanted to hear

Joe Two Rivers

PS to Kenny D...I see I'm not the only one who received a letter from an AN Mod apologizing for his boss's erratic behaviour..paranoia must run deep over at Camp Pendleton

Although I had heard the name before, I've never visited Animation Nation. This thread offers continued motivation to stay away.

What a terrible advertisement!

I used to have an account at Animation Nation. I stopped going because they kept chatting on and on about a group project... but it was just all talk.

Also, they shut off my account on me. :mad:

Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!

I dunno. I just didn't like it. But maybe it's not such a big sin to have such ambitions that ignore the reality. Ultimately, I imagine the proceeds of the IE don't amount to much more than pocket change. Certainly not enough to fund a revolution. I suppose it's forgivable if he was simply mistaken in what it would accomplish..

Looks like somebody's broken the first two rules of Project (Animation)Mayhem.

Now, we gotta have yer balls...

sajdera will continue to bring nothing to the table again, and say something meaningless and ireverent

What would you expect to be brought to this "table!?" A rubber chicken? An anvil falling out of the sky? What's your purpose here, anyway; "table"-referee? Then again, all two of your previous posts have been so meaningfull and on-tack.

and...

Speaking of "inflamed manginas," I'd say AN is in need of an industrial-strength family-pack of Vagisil. Doesn't AN have anything better to do than sit around making bets on the folks here? Charles coming over here and boo-hooing about a handful of throw-away comments about his website... NOBODY CARES.

Talk about the mother of all PR gaffs, Chuck & Co. All this talk about Meriwether being a troll; what do you call setting up an account at AWN for the sole purpose of stirring-up trouble? See, AN obviously has never heard of my patented troll-detection device, and this "Bruise Lee" character is fryin' the circuitry at this point!

I'm a proud member of each. ;)

Both places have their knucklehead posters (opinion!) and both have their place.

It's a free world (mostly), and we all talk about animation (mostly).

Personaly, I'll be bopping back and forth between 'em both!

Cheers!

Splatman:D

I can echo that sentiment. If there's something going on I don't like, I don't have to participate. I've gotten myself into a corner a time or two coming off with an off the cuff remark (that I thought was humorous) in threads that were about things more serious than I was taking them. As an amateur, I've gotten a lot from both boards in the way of helpful criticism and suggestions to make my work better. If I remind myself why I'm participating in a board, it keeps me in the right mind when I post. To borrow a phrase, I try to keep principles before personalities.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

Trollometer - Haha good one, Saj.

"It's readin' off the charts!"

..I'm in the money... i'm in the money.. ya ta da da.. la ta dee da da.. (whistles)

Uh, so now he's gone to posting complete nonsense, or did I just miss something?

Better yet, I don't give a crap - this discussion is just getting more and more retarded.

Pages