Search form

Bupaje Gallery

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bupaje Gallery

Hi. New animation student here -in fact new to any formal training on any given number of art subjects. I want to post some of my WIP and current stuff as I produce it for feedback so that I may improve. I'll start out by admitting I am pretty bad in many areas, this way I don't have to apologize with every post. :)

I'll be home from work in a few hours and when I get the roughts for my current school project scanned I'll load them up for your useful and appreciated crits. I value your advice because as a 46 year old guy just getting started I don't want to be retiring before I am any good. ;)

Until then here are a few things I have played with -it's a page I put together when I applied to some schools as I was afraid they might not realize that behind this aging hulk sitting at their desk, stumbling over his words while nervously bending paper clips, there might be a tiny bit of raw untrained talent worthy of admitting to the school. In the end I think they just wanted someone whose credit was approved. ;)

http://www.stormvisions.com/bc/burtart1.html

Regards,

Burt

Ok, here is my first post. I did these images as part of an in class assignment exploring different camera angles. I created a basic html page and posted the link as the images are large and don't want to bog anyone down who has a slow connection.

http://www.stormvisions.com/bc/camshot1.html

Here is one page as an quick example in case you don't want to see the rest...

Any crits on drawing style or anything else will help me improve -thanks.

Burt

WIP: Pick up Heavy object

This is my first very rough frames for the new animation assignment. Going to post them now as your crits will help me improve while I go as I will be working on this for the next 3 weeks.

http://www.stormvisions.com/bc/rock1.mov

I know I need lots of tweens to adjust timing and am going to start that now. I also want to add one of those spinning feet things where he pushes against the head and makes no errr .... head way. Then I want him to slip and flip and crash. After that I'll work on him trying to lift the stone and put it on his neck -then the rest. :)

Feel free to crit anything that will help -drawing, the process -it will all help me.

Thanks,

Burt

Howdy

Howdy,

I was reading your first post and found that you said you were starting something new with animation. Well sir, Don't feel alone. So am I. I have fooled around with cartooning all my life. Never really amounted to much but still dabbled in it and really never thought my work was ever truley any good. I myself am all self taught. I feel I fall short because I have no real experiance. But hey you are getting your schooling now. Don't feel bad about your age either haha
Because when I was your age I wondered why I waited so long in life to go after what I really loved. I really like your Game BG's they are cool. I would really like to see more of your work. Thanks for checking out my gallery.

Cartuneman

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I don't feel too bad about my age, just sorry it took so long to get started as I am really enjoying it. :)

All the best.

Howdy,

I have a question for ya? where are you going to school. Locally here, there are no such facilities, which sucks big time. I need to go to school myself. I've never had any training since my 8th grade art class (god thats been so long ago.) Oh well, I digress, haha,.
So, I'd love to follow your progression and see how you develope and maybe you can even let me know what your class projects are and I could kinda sorta follow along. That is if you wouldn't mind?
let me know? please

Cartuneman

" If all children do is learn how to pick up the apples from the ground, they never learn to climb the tree."