Search form

2d animation with layers

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
2d animation with layers

Hello everybody! I just recently came up with an idea about an animation , and i would like to ask a few questions considering which programms i should use. I have been using after effects to do some motion graphics and short animations, and i am familiar with using layers, because of my architecture background. As for the animation, i would like some advice in the programms i should use. I am not familiar with frame by frame animation, as my drawing skills are not that good, and i generally like working with layers, but my question is, is there a way in after effects to show motion of the characters with layers, or it should be done with tradiotional frame by frame drawing. 

frame by frame is really the

frame by frame is really the only type of animation. if you do not know that. you can not duplicate it with the other types of animation. without knowing that first. bone animation is commonly used in 3d and 2d. but cant compete with hand drawn frame by frame animation. bone animation is faster but you sacrifice quality. you could use bone animation for now since it is easier to do. most 2d animation programs come with bones. your version after effects may have it