Search form

I want a career in Game Art or level design but 3D (maybe game design)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I want a career in Game Art or level design but 3D (maybe game design)

So far I have installed Maya which is free for students and I have downloaded photoshop cs6. I was looking at a 3D experienced animator job and those were the programs needed. I have seen those mentioned quite a few times elsewhere too... do you i need to learn anything else?

I'm planning to do this degree:

http://www.tees.ac.uk/Undergraduate_courses/Computer_Games/BA_(Hons)_Computer_Games_Art.cfm

Feel free to glance over the course details and let me know if you think it will be good. My grades A level wise were not great so I'm doing a foundation year before doing that. I mention this because i know some people will say go for the highest ranked university... but I unfortunely cannot get into those. 

Last question: Would doing that degree/learning maya etc help me get into game design... i thought a lot of it involved designing it ... but is it actually problem solving/story board/programming?

Thanks

Edited by: Jamesol1 on 11/07/2016 - 2:37pm
Build a kick ass portfolio. 

Build a kick ass portfolio. 

Any tips on that? I haven't

Any tips on that? I haven't been taught any kind of art by a teacher. At the moment I'm self teaching myself 3D and photoshop. 

Take a class would be the

Take a class would be the best way, there are other sources, like books, YouTube videos.

I want a career in Game Art

I want a career in Game Art or level design. I have a good eye for detail and an ability to work with my hands. I also have a strong interest in the game industry and can work on multiple projects at once. Go to this https://masterbundles.com/templates/presentations/powerpoint/chart/ site for best gaming art or level designers. I have spent the last two years working on a few projects, but it was always an experience that I enjoyed, and always with someone who was passionate and creative.

Video game designers often

Video game designers often need a bachelor's degree to enter the field, which takes four years of full-time study. Employers may prefer professionals with coding experience. In some cases, aspiring designers may substitute a degree for coding skills learned through a bootcamp.

4 More Content Promotion

4 More Content Promotion Strategies to Increase Engagement
How to Track Offline Conversions in Google Analytics

https://www.lietaer.com/2022/09/what-is-an-insurance-guarantor/

3D solution development

3D solution development servreality.com is the process of creating virtual three-dimensional models, environments, applications and games. It involves the use of special software tools and technologies to create and visualize objects and scenes in three-dimensional space. 3D solutions are used in various fields including architecture, medicine, science, entertainment and many others where 3D visualization plays an important role.
This process requires high skills and creativity from developers, as well as constant monitoring of new trends and technological innovations.