Search form

Steps in becoming an animator... Music major.. Imagineer

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steps in becoming an animator... Music major.. Imagineer

Hi, I'm Edgar

for the the most part I had an image in my head heading to school. As of right now I'm a music major at school don't get me wrong I love music and have passion for it. It's just I have another passion which is for the animation arts. I've always been drawing as kid almost everyone in my family, school students and others mention my art. I've wish I've taken art classes and stuff in high school and stuff because I have stories that I want to protray in moving way. I want to be animator I'm a big dreamer especially living in SoCal where you have Disneyland around the corner it's a huge inspiration but getting there is the issue. I don't know where to start, I don't know where to get the proper eduction in animation. In general I do want to continue music and get my Assoicates in music and my BA in animation but I feel that the school near me don't have the right animation programs to develop me into an animator. I want to be the best it's always been a dream of mine to have a huge idea and have people look and understand the meaning. I'm scared I won't make it. Like I said I have the ideas in my head strange mind I have. It's not like psycho killers mind lol but more of story and the way I see things. The reason I chose a music major is my love for music and I want to mix both music and animation together to make something vivid and colorful( I'm a huge fan of Disney's Fantasia) but I also tought of being a Disney imagineer. I'm pretty ambitious but that's what I want to do animation, music, and an imaginer. I do doubt myself and so do others..... Sometimes I wish I could do this... But I don't have the tools to get there. Is it worth trying to find a good animation program at community college? Is it worth getting my degree in both music and animation? Is it worth me also becoming an imagineer. 

I have a lot of ambition but I want to do it. Just I don't really know where to go or do. I'm here in this forum to hopefully find the people that been through this and branching out know and help a fellow out. I can't sleep at night thinking that I might be loser cause I can't make it through. 

Hi, Edgar!

Hi, Edgar!

I just wanted to say that your major is pretty awesome from the point of view of animation amauter. If you know your way around music and sound you can create beautiful pieces right away even with basic drawing skills.