Search form

2D Mature Animation Series - My First Cartoon Attempt

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
2D Mature Animation Series - My First Cartoon Attempt

Hey everyone!

I've been animating for about 2 years now. I also edit video, record music, and all the other creative/techie hobbies. 

Anyway, I want to share an ongoing project I started with all of you. It's a very simply drawn/animated cartoon called, "Gastro the Snail." It follows the exploits of a washed-up, drunk, hero that lives in a small community of bugs. It's a little graphic, and even vulgar at times, but is mostly innocent and silly. Please let me know what you think! I'm currently working on the 5th, and maybe final, episode. I need some inspiration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ALVxdTAa7o&list=PLp79Pa1l2IdeTJcLk3PPLp...

Thanks,

Garrett Dare

GarrettDare's picture
Snail Daddy Productions www.garrettdare.com

Snail Daddy Productions
www.garrettdare.com

I enjoyed your video, very

I enjoyed your video, very different from what else is out there. I describe it best as South Park meets Slurms Mckenzie from Futurama. I can see this show developing a following but I have been working on distributing an animation and am realizing just how hard it can be to get your stuff out there. 

Keep up the good work!

Cool COOL cool

That was not bad. I like the cut of your jib kid! lol no no but seriously really interesting. I've been trying to get some of my ideas to full completion but I'm not much of an animator, more of a writer/creator. GOOD WORK bruh!!!

Thank you both! South Park

Thank you both! South Park and Futurama were definitely big influences on me growing up! Along with a bunch of other shows and movies.

I have a 5th episode for this series in the works, it's so much work, but I'm excited to keep going and keep getting better!

Snail Daddy Productions
www.garrettdare.com

I made another episode! I

I made another episode! I spent a ton of time putting this one together, and it ended up being a long one (7:40) so I didn't get to do a ton of traditional animation or advanced stuff. But please check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ccFHSLQ6zs&t=4s

Thanks,
Garrett Dare

Snail Daddy Productions
www.garrettdare.com

Nicely done

Very original. All exquisitely put together. Will be sure to let my pals know about this.