Search form

Query: Advice on where I can pitch my animated series

1 post / 0 new
Query: Advice on where I can pitch my animated series

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, found it while scouring the net looking for ways I can pitch my animated series to a TV studio. Hope I'm posting on the right page. I love writing complex characters, story-lines and worlds so I was hoping you all could give me some advice on problems I'm encountering.

I've created an animated series idea that I believe would do well, I have high hopes because I pitched it to the Film Corporation and animation events in my country in hopes of getting a production grant to make a pilot, they loved the idea and told me it was unlike anything they ever heard, forgive me if I came off cocky with that last line, lol. My problem now is the grant they are willing to give would not be enough to pay the animation studios in my country to make a pilot, they are willing to give me the maximum grant but the studios here charge around $3000 a second. That's about $500 US when converted.

My question is that I've written the series for an international audience and is there anyway I can pitch my idea to an american TV studio from my country? I live in the Caribbean and money is a problem for me, lol. I might not even be able to afford a ticket to fly to pitching conventions. I'm currently writing a pitch bible detailing everything about my series, the ruling systems, worlds etc. hoping that would help in some way. I've done character sketches etc. myself, the only thing I lack right now is a finished pilot script and pitch bible.

Thanks so much if anyone can help and answer my question that's been bugging me for months.