Search form

Jason Ryan - Webinar / Live Animation Demo

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jason Ryan - Webinar / Live Animation Demo

I'm new to the forums and not exactly sure where to post this, so I hope this is the spot. I just thought many of you would like to know Jason Ryan (a current animation supervisor at DreamWorks) is starting a monthly Webinar/virtual class room starting the 24th of this month. I'm already signed in and ready to learn. I figure where else can you for 2 hours hear, watch, and ask questions from a top animator for only $8.25 a session...and from the comfort of your home. I've included the details from the site below:

Source: [URL=http://www.jrawebinar.com]http://www.jrawebinar.com
[/URL]
What's the new http://JRAwebinar.com all about?

The JRA Webinar / Live Animation Demo will be a virtual classroom where we'll all get together 12 times a year, once a month for 2 hours. I will be taking "Animation Master Classes" and showing how I approach developing these ideas into dynamic sequences for either a showreel piece or a short film. I will be doing story boards, flipbook leica reels and animation performance solving in flipbook. You will log in to this "virtual classroom" and see my full desktop and hear me talk as I develop shots and solve animation. Included in the 2 hours will be a full half hour devoted to Q&A where you can ask me questions directly and I can explain with the aid of drawings how I approach those problem areas. The whole event will be recorded and available for download at any time for students that register for the webinars. The resulting shots of the class (not the recording) will also be posted for anyone to see what the classes are all about.

How do we sign up and how much does it cost?
The http://jrawebinar.com webpage was made by Larry Vasquez. In this page you can log in to view the events all in one place. I wanted the webinars to be separate from the main Tutorials because these live events will be very interactive and unedited.

There is a very small annual charge of $99 per student (approx $8.20 per class) and this will be paid in advance. I'm asking students to pay in advance because there is a maximum number that can attend each event. It's first come first serve, the students that pay first get guaranteed spots for the year.

About Jason Ryan

Jason Ryan is former Disney Animation Supervisor and now is currently working at DreamWorks as an animation supervisor. He also used to be one of the original mentors at animationmentor.com. His started out in 2D animation and then successfully continued to 3D, He has worked on classics such as fantasia 2000 and also on modern feature films including Meet the Robinsons, American Dog and Chicken Little where he was the Supervising animator as well as the main animator for the character Chicken Little.

::::Previous work includes::::

Dreamworks Animation Studios:-
Supervising Animator, Monsters V’s Aliens

Walt Disney Feature Animation:-
Supervising Animator, Rapunzel
Animator, Meet the Robinsons
Supervising Animator, American Dog
Supervising Animator/ Lead Animator, Chicken Little
Animator, Dinosaur
Animator, Fantasia 2000, The Steadfast Tin Soldier

Training site: www.jasonryananimation.com

Jason's A Great Guy and a Wonderful Animator!

Jason is a great guy and a wonderful animator. He was one of my best students and is really dedicated to the art form. I sure his webinars will be informative and an interestig glimpse into his animation process.

Well done, Jason!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say - but your website intro's guitar piece almost gave me a heart attack! ;)

I'm signed up and looking forward to it. Yes, Jason's guitar track needs to go. :D

Visit my website:

Claire O'Brien.com

Jason is a great guy and a wonderful animator. He was one of my best students and is really dedicated to the art form. I sure his webinars will be informative and an interestig glimpse into his animation process.

Well done, Jason!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, Jason was a student of yours? He's not only a great animator, but he's a great teacher and I love his work flow. My brother & I got hooked up with him through his online training, he's a real neat down to earth guy.

I'm signed up and looking forward to it. Yes, Jason's guitar track needs to go. :D

Awe come on...from what I understand, that's Jason and some or one of his buddies.

Awe come on...from what I understand, that's Jason and some or one of his buddies.

Sorry, I'm still not keen on it, but I love his animation and teaching.

Visit my website:

Claire O'Brien.com

Sorry, I'm still not keen on it, but I love his animation and teaching.

Right, my point was I just thought it was cool he did it. lol

Jason was one of my mentors at Animation Mentor. I can honestly say with out a doubt that he is genuinely one of the nicest most giving person I’ve ever met. Our weekly classes would routinely go over the suggested hour. And he would also email his students several times a week with rough animated shorts illustrating concepts he didn’t have time to get too in our weekly class meetings.

He has such a love, passion and knowledge of animation it’s impossible to not want to animate right after talking to him. As my mentor he went so above and beyond the call of duty that my classmates and I were amazed he had time for work and family.

If you have the means I highly recommend checking out his classes. They will be well worth the money.

Aloha,
The Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Jason was one of my mentors at Animation Mentor. I can honestly say with out a doubt that he is genuinely one of the nicest most giving person I’ve ever met. Our weekly classes would routinely go over the suggested hour. And he would also email his students several times a week with rough animated shorts illustrating concepts he didn’t have time to get too in our weekly class meetings.

He has such a love, passion and knowledge of animation it’s impossible to not want to animate right after talking to him. As my mentor he went so above and beyond the call of duty that my classmates and I were amazed he had time for work and family.

If you have the means I highly recommend checking out his classes. They will be well worth the money.

Aloha,
The Ape

My brother and I have experienced this also first hand with just working with him on his online course ware & in prep for the webinar. I've heard much of the same comments echoed on other boards who've had him as a mentor at AM. Thanks for sharing that info. AA.

The webinar was great!:D

Visit my website:

Claire O'Brien.com

The webinar was great!:D

Do we get to see any of your work?

Not yet from me, I'm still trying to master the bouncing ball :).

It was more of a demo from Jason with us asking questions. It was just great watching him animate live (in 2d) and hearing him talk about his thought processes.

Visit my website:

Claire O'Brien.com

It was more of a demo from Jason with us asking questions. It was just great watching him animate live (in 2d) and hearing him talk about his thought processes.

Agreed, the webinar was great! For such a low price, a 2hr lecture with Q&A from such a great animator...tough to beat. Jason mentioned that there are still spots available and if you sign up, you get access to the past lecture video download.

There's a new teaser for the 2nd webinar coming this Saturday. It can be found by clicking on the animated ball icon on the front page: JRAwebinar