Search form

"Being Lincoln--Men with Hats" intro

1 post / 0 new
"Being Lincoln--Men with Hats" intro

It's been a long time since I've finished anything (interesting enough) to bring to show-and-tell. This is an intro/title sequence I just finished for a documentary about Lincoln Presenters (they don't like to be called impersonators.)

Lincoln Intro

I approached the concept (loosely) like a superhero origin story: how a young man gradually discovers his destiny to be a Lincoln. The documentary itself is really pretty entertaining (more than you might think, even if you're not a Lincoln buff). It's got some Historical gravitas, but also lot of humor. Hard to keep a straight face when you see a couple hundred dudes dressed in Lincoln drag.

The filmmaker is still in festival submission mode, so it's not available on dvd yet, but you can see clips and other info about it at www.beinglincoln.com.

Some tech notes of interest: this was done on a budget, so everything was drawn straight in Flash on a Wacom tablet. It's my first project in HD, which was a bit of an adjustment (mostly just getting used to composing in that aspect ratio.) Also, I think I discovered that Youtube doesn't like HD aspect ratios. I had to redo it letterboxed at 4:3 before it would upload successfully.

tedtoons's picture
Ted Nunes - www.tedtoons.com

Ted Nunes - www.tedtoons.com