Search form

animation production...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
animation production...

hi there, this place looks like a great source of knowledge, I wonder if someone could help steer a blind man? :)

I'm completely new to the animation world, yet am willing to part with enough cash to get my concept developed in the style that I want it. I'm in conversation with a few animation studios atm, but feel out of my depth regarding costs and timescales and file formats etc. And also if anyone has had experience of getting work done from Asia, positives/negatives etc. If anyone could share some knowledge I'd be very greatful.

I'm looking to get some animation produced, specifically about 100, 5-10sec animated clips together and am looking to get some kind of knowledge of quality companies to produce decent 2d animation and very likely a 3d promo section too, (to show what the series could look like should an investor want to 'step it up a gear')

I'd also be interested to hear from new quality studios/teams that want a meaty project to launch themselves.

Any help would be great, or pm me for specifics etc.

(I'm not even sure if this is in the right forum area btw)

thanks for taking the time - mark

you can make it happen

hi there, its good to be optimistic and great to make possible what u belive.So i as an artist would love to offer my service to make your dream come true.Well i am from asia and here the animations can be done at much less price in comparision to west.To give you a raugh idea, it will cost almost 1/3rd of the cost and some times 1/4th.Well you can contact me on justmail1973@yahoo.com to have a greater discussion on the project ,so can we can make it happen.Waiting for your reply.
Regards.
Ash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi there, this place looks like a great source of knowledge, I wonder if someone could help steer a blind man? :)

I'm completely new to the animation world, yet am willing to part with enough cash to get my concept developed in the style that I want it. I'm in conversation with a few animation studios atm, but feel out of my depth regarding costs and timescales and file formats etc. And also if anyone has had experience of getting work done from Asia, positives/negatives etc. If anyone could share some knowledge I'd be very greatful.

I'm looking to get some animation produced, specifically about 100, 5-10sec animated clips together and am looking to get some kind of knowledge of quality companies to produce decent 2d animation and very likely a 3d promo section too, (to show what the series could look like should an investor want to 'step it up a gear')

I'd also be interested to hear from new quality studios/teams that want a meaty project to launch themselves.

Any help would be great, or pm me for specifics etc.

(I'm not even sure if this is in the right forum area btw)

thanks for taking the time - mark

Well, if you want about 1000 seconds, or roughly about 16 minutes, then "enough cash" would probably scrape in at over $150,000 depending on what you want.
Figure about $10,000 per minute, at least.

Before you even THINK about that kind of adventure, read up on EVERYTHING you can before jumping in. Read back to about the last 3-5 pages worth of these forums--notably the Busniess and Animation Cafe forums, to get some incite in other folks similar adventures.
Starting out "blind" means you are starting out in a unrealistic manner.
The more you understand about the entire process, from conception, to pre-production, production, post and editing....the more control you'll have in getting your moneys worth.

For what it's worth, forums like this see a lot of posts like your, at least once a week. Seldom do such ventures go anywhere, not because crusty sods here knock them down, but because the person concieving the idea doesn't fully grasp what they are getting into.
Animation isn't a off-the-shelf commodity. It takes a lot more time, a lot more money and a helluva lot more patience than a lot of people think.

Do your research, ask your questions, and see if you still want to attempt this.

Good luck.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)