Search form

Comment my 2 characters? PLZ

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Comment my 2 characters? PLZ

Can anyone comment these 2 characters Merick and Amy?

echi's picture
Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool: Visit My new album website My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

I wouldn't enjoy watching these characters very much. The design needs some more motivation from the backstory. M. is a farmboy? Make him look like one. I dunno, straw hat or something, you dig?

But in answer to your Q, yes I can see them being animated : ]

They look the same as they did a few weeks ago. Should I be looking for something different?

That's quite amusing.

"Laura Howell is mostly responsible for the appearance of my cast. I am very much in her debt!"

Laura herself might have a few people to thank...

Plain and simple; you have to learn how to draw. While your personal cartoons have an unaffected school newspaper charm, to sustain any kind of animation your designs have to be appealing easy on the eyes. Even if it's limited flash animation; what you loose in movement you have to make up for in solid drawing, following anime's example. As it is, your characters are made of line only with no understanding of structure. The girl's ear should be behind the jaw, the boy's eyes are crooked for one. Even though you are drawing you have to construct and understand as though they are 3 dimensional.

Anyway, I just noticed there's 2 versions of this thread. :confused:

And, rats, I just posted on the other one. Well, hopefully, Echi will be checking both... Grrrrrr...

Different Views Of Merick The Stable Boy

DIFFERENT VIEWS OF MERICK THE STABLE BOY.

Can anyone comment these 2 characters Merick and Amy?

Not bad, I could see them (and the stuff on your site) done in Flash.

What do these characters look like from the side, the back, from above, when they're shocked, angry, day-dreaming, screaming.

http://www.vickifox.com/vf_cast_laura.php

Go with Saj on this one. If this is for animation or not, it's always good to have a full-scale turnaround, and an expression sheet. This way each viewer knows exactly what your characters look like- and most importantly, so do you.

As for Merrick and Amy- what's their deal? How old are they? Are they students? Ninjas? I can't really tell...

The Synopis!!!!!

Both are all teenages. Merick is a stable-boy from the Kingdom of Merivale and Amy is a ninja from the Shaolin Temple.
u know what? heres the brief sysnopis of the first series

a young stable boy named Merick longs for adventure away from his home-kingdom of Merivale. Belzar asks Merick to get for him a secret ingredient for an healing potion but When Merick searches the forest, he spots Lord Thorn’s army waiting to invade Merivale. He tries to warn Belzar but he was captured and imprisoned in a castle far away from Merivale. With the help of a prisoner named Serena, who is princess of the Elfin Kingdom, he escapes and they join forces to return to Merivale and Stop Thorn's Diabolical Plans.

Both are all teenages. Merick is a stable-boy from the Kingdom of Merivale and Amy is a ninja from the Shaolin Temple.
u know what? heres the brief sysnopis of the first series

So you wont to know if your drawnings match up with the character profile you have built up?

not really!

not really. i want 2 know if their can be animated properly like a Tv SHOW series.

Hello, Echi.

Those are very clear, neat drawings. Do your characters' outward appearances reflect their personalities? Do you feel comfortable drawing these characters from different angles and in different poses? I think the best way to refine and test characters is by doing this. Any style of animation (anime or otherwise) requires solid characters. I generally would advise that you keep refining your characters until you're absolutely in love with them!

If you were looking for more direct advice, here's my suggestion: try diversifying your characters some... meaning, make them look less alike. Or, make their alikeness part of their character traits (Distant cousins? Twins with severely contrasting personalities?)

How about posting some background info on Merick and Amy? I'd love to hear more.

Pooryorik

Yorik's post from the other post.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

The cheekbones (zygoma) need to be higher, and probably blunter.

And don't start a new thread each time you revise your characters. Keep it all in one thread. Maybe start a "daily sketch" thread.

Serena

This is page 1 and 2 of an emotions sheet 4 Serena, the elfin Princess. its kinda abit messy but u know... its a rough sketch
what do uall think?

Thanks A Bunch!!!!

thanks 4 ure comment Laurence
i find it intresting and will I will keep them all in mind. but i actually used the computer for the outlines.

i've now got the body 2 do, which is the hardest :(

Thanks, Ape.

More Pics!!! Any Comments