Search form

Help: what should i say?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help: what should i say?

hello everybody. i'm just about to email a very respected animation studio in Manchester called Cosgrove Hall Studios. i really want somebody or somewhere to help my animation carear and also want to practise animating before going to bigger things. what should i say? :confused:

echi's picture
Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool: Visit My new album website My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Hello.

Hello.

How are you?

So are you emailng them about your "jukebox" idea for a TV show or your character designs or animation. What do you have in mind?

Thanks.

Here is what i mean?

well its my idea for a tv show and i really want to now more about the animation busniess. i don't have musch expriendce and i sent my drawings to animators that have worked in Danny Phantom/Fairly Odd Parents and have been given good comments. i want to pitch my idea to producers and directors to make the show. i have come up with 13 episodes plus a movie special but i have only come up with a few characters for the show but definetly the main character.

The Show is about a scientist named Dr Morton who is working on a robot made for the army but is heart-broken by the lose of his son in a tragic accident. Shocked by his son’s death, he shutdowns the project and by finding a magical book, his son was brought back to life but is trapped in a robot’s body Dr Morton was working on. In his new body, he struggles to fit in and with his newfound powers he fights the forces of evil.

What do you Think?

I think it's a little too close to "Full Metal Alchemist" for anyone to touch. Keep in mind that the whole "universe" of FMA is built around magic, so the magic in their story works. Yours is built around a regular medical doctor, so finding a "magical" book seems pretty convenient.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm writing a superhero story and I expect the same could be said about ANY superhero story. "Guy with powers: been there, done that."

So, if you want to sell this idea, you better have a hook - something that separates your story from the rest. What you wrote above doesn't do it.

Aside from that, don't send ANYTHING until you:
1) Run it through a spell-checker and
2) Have someone proof-read it as well.

If I got an email written like your two posts above, I wouldn't even bother to look at the artwork. I'm not trying to be mean, but I am trying to tell you what you need to hear.

(By the way, I'd have him try to save the kid but turn the kid into a metal monster who ravages the area, and call it "Morton's Assault." But, that's just me. There's a joke there, but you have to be old like me to get it.)

i can begin to say the things that is wrong with the previous post. Firstly i didn't know about Full Metal Alchemist. i've never seen the show before in my life. secondly its not a medical doctor, he'ss like a scientist that performs inventions.

seems you know alot of this than me, have you got any tips?

I don't think he was incriminating you, just pointing out you'll have competition in the minds of those whose wallets you wish to appease, given that they might already be familiar with a concept that happens to be similar to your own.

Similar ideas occur independently to different people more than you'd think.

i don't have musch expriendce and i sent my drawings to animators that have worked in Danny Phantom/Fairly Odd Parents and have been given good comments.

Who'd you contact and how?

Ben Balistreri

well i emailed a Character Designer for Danny Phantom and Fairly GodParents from the his website. His a good artist and makes great character designs. check his website: www.saltysugar.com

Nickelodeon

Danny Phantom: Character Design
Crash Nebula: Production Design
Fairly Oddparents (Channel Chasers): Character Design