Search form

Lil Flash Cartoon animator wanted

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lil Flash Cartoon animator wanted

Hello,

I'm trying to put together some cartoon shorts - about 5 minuts maximum. My friend and I need help from an animator to draw and animate some fun, funky little flash cartoons. We’re doing a project similar to Homestarrunner.com but hopefully more funny and a little less mindless (I hope). I'm doing basic story boards and character design and all the audio recording.

We had a really cool animator named Amy that was going to help us with a different project, but she got a new job which made her too busy to help. So we scrapped that project. Also, I think she might have gotten lost at sea because she seems to have dissapeared. :(

This is just for fun, so I’m just paying for it out of my own pocket. If you are interested in that kind of thing, let me know what your rates are and how you like to work. Also, if you have such a strong sence of humor that you often find yourself alienated from others, you'll probably fit in well with us.

Cheers

You need to tell us more, like will you own the project, are there residuals.

Snaps to you for offering to pay for services rendered (no pun intended). We just finished excoriating a dood who had "a great idea" but wanted to compensate the animator with "credit and exposure".

Maybe if it was "store credit..."

Oh, no, ok, Sorry, I didn't make myself more clear.

Here's what I need. I need you to take a very very rough concept - like say, a cryptic dream that I might have one night and translate it into the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. If I like it, then I need you to go and translate it into a skit of about 5 minutes.

Write a dialog that makes the concept twice as funny and then turn it into a script. We'll do the voices and record it for you.

After that, we need you to design characters from scratch which would fit the skit perfectly. This part is important so if you screw up on that, we'll be angry and write you a nasty email.

After you successfully design the characters, we will want you to start drawing scenes and animating characters. If we like the end result, we'll accept it and start an obscure website to put it on.

Of course, we will expect you to allow us to put our own names in the credits as the animators and creators. The 10 or so people that actually find the website will email us telling us how brilliant they think we are.

In exchange for your hard work, we will pay you $2,000.00 per minute of animation. Also, we will give you each week coupons for 25% off at any Baskin Robins. If you don't have a Baskin Robins in your area, let us know. We have a special relationship with this guy that makes pet I.D. tags. and so we can get you a really cheap deal on any pet I.D. tags you might need. One other thing... the other day I was at Starbucks and they made my drink wrong and I asked about it so they gave me a free drink coupon. I never used that free drink coupon so I can give it to you as well if you finish on time as a bonus.

Yeah that sounds fair enough. I'd be up for that. Have a look at yogyog.org/animation to check my skills and style.

My only complaint is that you want to be credited as being that animators without doing the animation? What's wrong with mearly crediting yourselves as writers, directors producers and story-board artists? That would sound like enough to me!

Mike Futcher - www.yogyog.org

Uh..... that last post was meant to be a joke. Lol. I wouldn't claim credit for somone else's animation, ha ha thats horrible.

They said they just got done flogging some guy for being unreasonable so I thought I'd try Ultra-unreasonable. Just playing along.

But really I just needed a flash artist. I think I might be in the wrong spot.

Thanks though.

Cheers!

Hi danieljc,

I'm interested. I'm in the process of revamping my site, so you can see a small sample of my stuff at http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/sharvonique

If you like what you see, you can email me at sharvonique@yahoo.com.

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery

Daniel -- If sarcasm could be painted, I'd hang that post on my wall.

I may be available depending on your desired deadlines. You can review some of my older work at www.motionmilitia.com

I've also just finished the following flash toon, which may give you a better idea of my skillset... http://www.grab.com/fun/toons/f/50481

Daniel -- If sarcasm could be painted, I'd hang that post on my wall.

Ha Ha, Thanks man!

Does this project really exist or is it some complex sarcastic joke? If it does there are a couple of local animators round here who I could team up with: www.silee-films.co.uk

Not so unreasomable!

Well, I your post was indeed witty, but just added to the confusion.
And, actually, your attempt at unreasonability didn't sound so unreasonable to me... if you pay me 2k :eek: per minute of Flash animation, you could not only keep the credits, but claim to be Jesus reborn for all I care.
Only trouble is that my country doesn't have a Baskin Robins... Not even a MacDonalds... Can you believe that?
I'll be sending you a message.

I kinda thought the same thing. Keep up the lack of mackeedoos! What is Baskin Robins anyway? I doupt I could use $2000 worth of Baskin Robins produce every (period of time it takes me to create 1 minute flash (let's say a week at rough estimate)).