Search form

unexpected file format!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
unexpected file format!

my friend and i made a movie at his house thats 1.3mb bug. he saved it as a .fla then sent it to me through email, when i tried opening it on my flash mx it said "unexpected file format" and the file would open
wut do i do?

Not sure what you mean.

Did you say you get unexpected file format and you are able to open the file.

Do you mean once the file is open nothing is there?

Is your friend using MX too?

Have him or her resave the file and send it again but this time have him or her send it zippped.

Maybe that can save it in the flash 5 format also just for the heck of it.

By chance, is one of you on a Mac and the other a PC?

It doesn't matter if it's mac or pc. I'm pretty sure that you are using different versions of Flash. He is most likely using "mx 2004" and you are on "mx" only. I get this error all of the time because I am not using the latest (crappy) version of flash. Have your friend save it out as Mx only and then you will be able to open it on your end.

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

ya ure right

i think your right blue hickey, he does have mx 2004, how do i get him to save it "out as MX" he doesnt no how, neither do i

i think your right blue hickey, he does have mx 2004, how do i get him to save it "out as MX" he doesnt no how, neither do i

Just go: "File" "Save as" and then when the save window pops up there will be an option to change the version of flash from a drop down menu. His will be set to MX 2004 by default. Just choose MX from the menu instead.

Here is a screen grab from my version, although since I am using MX, my options are either MX or Flash 5

Attachment 

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com