Search form

Wacom INTUOS3 A4 or CINTIQ 15X ????

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wacom INTUOS3 A4 or CINTIQ 15X ????

Hello there,

I am new in Digital Art and need to know which of the wacom tablets is best for for it. I heard/read plenty of excellent things regarding the INTUOS3 A4 but havent found almost nothing regarding the CINTIQ 15X. Does the latter cater for digital art or was it made for other specific purposes ? I know the difference in price, but I'm willing to pay for the best.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I think the reason why you haven't heard much on the cintiq IS because of the price. Most people just use the intuos or intuos-like products because they are more affordable, not necessarily because one is better than the other. The primary difference between the two is that the cintiq allows you to draw directly on the screen, but with the intuos you have to draw on the tablet while looking at the monitor - no different than the way you use a mouse.

If you want to spend the big bucks on the cintiq, then by all means do so. But I think you should save your money and just get the intuos. That way you can invest the money into other digital arts related products, like software or books. :)

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery

Wow i didn't know that the CINTIQ was available for purchase. Coool i now have something to save for. I wants me one of those grandma. :p

Thanks a million Sharvonique.
I need to know one more thing if u or someone else doesnt mind. Which software caters most for digital art ? Right now I have adobe Photoshop 7 which i use for photo editing but have also the Corel draw v7.6.09. which is quite old now and havent used much. Is there something else which is better and done specifically for digital art ?

Thanks again.

I just got the Intuos 3 (9"x12") for Xmas from my wife, but I have not been able to try it yet. Apparently, it had to be special ordered, and it has not come in yet. However, upon reading up on it, it looks like a great tool an dwill do everything I want in a tablet and then some. I like what I have read about being able to change the nib to a paintbrush or a marker-tpe nib, and especially like the airbrush tool...

However, that Cintiq thing looks amazing. I would be weary though of the durability of the screen... I would hate for it to short out or for the screen to become worn, like the PDA units used to do (and probably still do).

Damn, those things cost a fortune!!!

Cheers

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

Thanks a lot guys but still my MAIN QUESTION is this ..... Does the CINTIQ have the features and abilities the INTUOS3 has ??? Screen were and tear is not a prob. There are an abundance of 25,000 hrs. It can last 3 yrs straight without being switched off / or some 12 hrs per day for 6yrs. By that time I guess better products will be for sale. The thing I am most concerned on if it has the same abilities as the INTUOS.

Thanks again

Several people I work with on "Foster's" use the CINTIQs, and they like them. One of them even has it mounted on an animation disk. I don't think there have been any problems with them yet, and they work with Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash at least.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."