Search form

I had a really bad week!

1 post / 0 new
I had a really bad week!

Well it has been a bad week. It started off well. I took my wife to Orlando for a quick 2 day rest and relaxation at a resort. Then we came back on a high feeling to our apartment complex only to find that my jeep wrangler had been broken into and my cd player was stolen. They cut the plastic window all the way through the soft canvas part so that my door is entirely ruined. Then once inside they pried off my center console lock box and stole the detachable face to the cd player. With that they were able to tear off my dash board where the AC and CD player was and they pulled the cd player right out. They even knew to take out the dome light fuse that is a security measure to short circuit the cd player if it is stolen. Then I guess just for fun they cut open my seats, tore the lock off the glove box, and stabbed a hole through the soft top above the driver's seat. Estimated damage is around $2000 or more. Of course I have a $500 deductable!

So the cop that came refused to get out of his squad car because it was slightly drizzling (I didn't have an umbrella and I was fine) he didn't even look at my jeep, (or the car next to mine that had also been broken into) he just asked what was damaged and how much I thought it cost. (My in-laws called the police deptartment later and chewed out his supervisor :) )

Then the same night my wife came home from the grocery store and saw two guys in the parking lot that she says she sees a lot. She brought up half of the groceries and went back down a little while later. The two guys were on both sides of her car with clip boards and they were bent over looking in her car windows. She startled them when she walked up behind them unnoticed and asked "Can I help you?" They mumbled something and strutted back to a waiting car and drove away. (Ladies and Gentlemen we have suspects!)

I was very pissed off at this point and it brewed all night at work. Then I came home and told my wife we are moving. She happily and very quickly agreed. The next morning we only searched for an hour on the other side of town (much nicer side) and we signed a lease for a nice 2B/2B Duplex. We thought we were in the clear, but we bought some bokes and packing supplies on the way home. My wife carried the first load in from the car and I was only about 10 yards behind her. One of the guys (very thugged out gold teeth and chains and reaks of pot) that lives below us saw her coming and came outside and was not only hitting on her in a very sleazy way,but then he started telling her what he wanted to do with her. He had know idea I was coming up right behind him. I heard every word he said. He actually had the nerve to tell my wife that he knows when she gets home at night and when she goes to the gym or to work in the afternoon. I dropped everything I had and got up in his face to tell him never to talk to her again and to leave her alone. Well I scared the $#!* out of him and he ran back into his apartment.

Later that night while I was at work my wife got home earlier then usual and the same guy and some other thugs told her again that she was home early from work and that they know her schedule. She ran to our apartment and called the cops. They sent out a lady cop that was ready to bust skulls. All she could do though was issue him a warning (next incident is a restrainging order and an eviction) Our property manager is on notice now that becaused we filed police reports about this stuff if anything happens to us or our belongings in the next 2 weeks before we are able to move out they will be held entirely responsible for not providing a safe living space.

So not only has this ruined my momentum of drawing I had going, but I have to deal with insurance people, car repair people, and the cops until we move. And most importantly I have to adjust my schedule to make sure my wife is never alone between her car and our apartment. Hopefully everything will calm down soon, but it is really starting to get scary around here. I am only really worried about some sort of retaliation or crazy attempt by the stalker guys on my wife. So I will not be online for awhile until I make sure my wife is safe and we are out of this area. See you all in a few weeks.

hett15's picture
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf