Xsens GDC booth to feature full-body immersive VR Experience with The Virtual Dutch Men and presentations with Autodesk, Faceware, and Manus VR.
ENSCHEDE, THE NETHERLANDS – Xsens has announced they will be teaming up with IKinema and Epic games at the Game Developers Conference 2016 (GDP). A new technology alliance will be showcased that integrates Xsens’ motion capture technology (Xsens MVN) into Unreal Engine 4 using IKinema’s LiveAction. The integration will be part of Epic’s keynote address on Wednesday, March 16 at Moscone West, Room 3001 - 3003.
“Today’s announcement of the live integration of Xsens MVN with Unreal Engine 4 is another step to enable our users to focus on the creative process rather than the technical integration,” said Xsens Product Manager Hein Beute. “The new technology alliance will enable many new real-time applications that require realistic human-like character animations and beautiful graphics.”
At the Xsens’ booth (#631), The Virtual Dutch Men will demonstrate a full-body immersive virtual reality experience using the Oculus Rift, Unity game engine, Manus VR gloves, and Xsens’ motion capture suit. In addition, throughout the week Xsens and its technology partners will be demonstrating motion capture use cases for a variety of game development scenarios.
Highlighted booth presentations include:
- Game Engine – A live motion capture demonstration of the Unreal Engine pipeline using IKinema’s LiveAction will take place daily.
- Virtual Reality – Full-body immersive VR experience featuring Xsens MVN, The Virtual Dutch Men, Unity Game Engine, and the Oculus Rift.
- Facial Capture – Live performances from Faceware show how patented facial motion capture technologies blend with Xsens MVN body tracking.
- Hand and Finger Capture – The peripheral maker Manus VR will appear alongside Xsens to highlight its motion capture technology for fingers and hands.
- Pipeline Integration – An Autodesk specialist will be showing live motion capture integration with Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya.
GDC booth demonstrations and partner presentations will take place at the Xsens Booth (#631) during expo hours on March 16 - 17 at the Xsens booth (#631), in the main exhibition hall at GDC. The full GDC schedule is available now on the Xsens website.