‘World of Tomorrow’ (U.S. 2015) from Don Hertzfeldt takes the prize for Best Film in the international competition; ‘Erlkönig’ (CH 2015) from Georges Schwizgebel takes the honors as the Best Swiss film; Carlos Lascano wins the Best Kids prize for his film ‘Lila.’
BADEN -- The 13th edition of the International Animation Film Festival Baden has wrapped in Switzerland, and winners of the 2015 international and Swiss competitions were announced at a prize ceremony held on Sunday.
Celebrating its 20-year anniversary this year, the largest animated film festival in Switzerland drew 25,000 visitors, attracting animated film fans from Switzerland and abroad over the course of the six-day festival, which ran September 1-6.
World of Tomorrow (U.S. 2015) from Don Hertzfeldt took the prize as the “Best Film” in the international competition. In the Swiss competition, Erlkönig (CH 2015) from Georges Schwizgebel took the honors as the “Best Swiss” film. In the “Kids’ Competition,” Carlos Lascano won the “Best Kids” prize for the film Lila.
“We had strong films in competition; sweaty but delighted guests at the Velokino; a kid's jury that explicitly decided against “too-conventional” films; a Laterna magica that projected 100 year-old images onto the façades of Baden and was accompanied by a storyteller -- these were some of my personal highlights from Fantoche 2015,” said festival director Annette Schindler. “I think the festival is at the top of its game and I'm already looking forward to next year!”
See below for the full list of winners at Fantoche 2015:
AWARDS INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
Jury: Ana Ascencio (CH), Sascha Bleuler (IL), Jana Jakoubek (CH), Michal Procházka (CZ, KR), Daniel Šuljić (HR)
- Best Film: World of Tomorrow, Don Hertzfeldt, US 2015
- High Risk: Endgame, Phil Mulloy, GB 2015
- New Talent: The Pride of Strathmoor, Einar Baldvin, US 2014
- Best Sound: Rhizome, Boris Labbé, FR 2015
- Best Visual: Erlkönig, Georges Schwizgebel, CH 2015
- Audience Award: Changeover, Mehdi Alibeygi, IR 2014
- Special Mention: Lesley the Pony Has an A+ Day!, Christian Larrave, US 2014
- Baden Speedwell: Tik Tak, Ülo Pikkov, EE 2015
AWARDS SWISS COMPETITION
Jury: Doris Cleven (BE), Anu-Laura Tuttelberg (EE), Wojtek Wawszczyk (PL)
- Best Swiss: Erlkönig, Georges Schwizgebel, CH 2015
- High Swiss Risk: Ivan’s Need, Veronika Montano, Manuela Leuenberger, Lukas Suter, CH 2015
- Special Mention: Ruben Leaves, Frederic Siegel, CH 2015
- Audience Award: D’ombres et d’ailes, Elice Meng & Eleonora Marinoni, CH/FR, 2015
AWARDS BEST KIDS
Children's jury: supervised by the children's film club Die Zauberlaterne, the “Best Kids” Award was chosen by a jury of six children aged between 6 and 12.
- Best Kids: Lila, Carlos Lascano, AR/ES 2014, 9'
- Children's Public Award: Johnny Express, Korea 2015, Regie: Kyungmin Woo, Produktion: Wonjoo Jung
Next year's edition of the festival will be held in Baden September 6-11, 2016.
Source: Fantoche 2015