Newest DC Universe Movies entry will be released August 23 on Digital, and September 8 on 4K HD, Blu-ray and DVD combo pack, from Warner Home Entertainment.
Superman: Man of Tomorrow, the next entry in the popular series of animated DC Universe Movies, will be released on by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Digital starting August 23, 2020, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack on September 8, 2020. The 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc featuring the film in hi-definition, and a digital version of the movie. The Blu-ray Combo Pack features a Blu-ray disc with the film in hi-definition, a DVD with the film in standard definition, and a digital version of the movie.
It is the dawn of a new age of heroes, and Metropolis has just met its first. But as Daily Planet intern Clark Kent, working alongside reporter Lois Lane, secretly wields his alien powers of flight, super-strength and x-ray vision in the battle for good, there's even greater trouble on the horizon. Follow the budding hero as he engages in bloody battles with intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo and fights for his life to halt the attack of power-hungry alien Parasite. The world will learn about Superman… but first, Superman must save the world!
Darren Criss (Glee, American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace) and Zachary Quinto (Star Trek franchise, Heroes) lead a star-studded cast as the voices of Superman/Clark Kent and Lex Luthor, respectively. The cast also includes Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas, Baywatch, All My Children) as Lois Lane; Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as Parasite/Rudy Jones; Ryan Hurst (The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Remember the Titans) as Lobo; Ike Amadi (Mass Effect 3, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge) as Martian Manhunter; Neil Flynn (The Middle, Scrubs) as Jonathan Kent; Bellamy Young (Scandal, Prodigal Son) as Martha Kent; Cristina Milizia (DC Super Hero Girls) as Maya, Petey and Kaylie, Eugene Byrd (Bones, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures) as Ron Troupe, April Stewart (South Park) as Mrs. Ross, and Piotr Michael (The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle) as Perry White, as well as Cissy Jones (Firewatch) and David Chen (Gotham).
Superman: Man of Tomorrow introduces a new producing vision to the DC Universe Movies series, which now numbers 41 films made over a 13 year period. The film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC with Butch Lukic (Constantine: City of Demons, Justice League Action, Batman Unlimited franchise) as supervising producer. Lukic brings a new visual aesthetic to the film that departs from the animation styles of previous producers. Directed by Chris Palmer (Voltron: Legendary Defender) from a script by Tim Sheridan (The Death of Superman), the film is produced by Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Sam Register executive produces.
“Superman: Man of Tomorrow is an inspiring retelling of the DC Universe Movies’ backstory for The Man of Steel, taking the audience to his early days as an intern at the Daily Planet – and his beginnings as a learning-on-the-job DC Super Hero,” commented Warner Bros. Home Entertainment senior VP, originals, animation and family marketing, Mary Ellen Thomas. “Darren Criss and Zachary Quinto have wholeheartedly embraced their roles as Superman and Lex Luthor for this film, and the end result is a special addition to canon of films that every Superman fan will want to add to their collection.”
‘Superman: Man of Tomorrow Special Features’
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital
- Lobo: Natural Force of Chaos (New Featurette) – He is the rude, crude, galactic bounty hunter who has been more than a thorn in the side of DC’s greatest heroes. This is a full throttle look at Lobo. ‘
- Martian Manhunter: Lost and Found (New Featurette) – This is the personal journey of J’onn J’onzz. A stranger in a strange land who emerges from the shadows as a force for peace and justice.
- Look Back: Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (Featurette) – The Earth’s future hangs in the balance when the Justice League faces a powerful new threat – the Fatal Five. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seek answers as the time-traveling trio of Mano, Persuader and Tharok terrorize Metropolis in search of budding Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz – whom they need to be able to free remaining Fatal Five members Emerald Empress and Validus in order to carry out their sinister plan. But the Justice League discover an ally from another time in the peculiar Star Boy – brimming with volatile power, could he be the key to thwarting the Fatal Five? An epic battle against ultimate evil awaits!
- Look Back: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (Featurette) – Based on the popular Jeph Loeb/Ed McGuinness comic series/graphic novel, the film finds United States President Lex Luthor using the oncoming trajectory of a Kryptonite asteroid to frame Superman and declare a $1 billion bounty on the heads of the Man of Steel and his “partner in crime,” Batman. Heroes and villains alike launch a relentless pursuit of Superman and Batman, who must unite – and recruit help – to stave off the action-packed onslaught, stop the asteroid, and uncover Luthor’s devious plot to take command of far more than North America.
- From the DC Vault: Superman: The Animated Series, “The Main Man, Part I”
- From the DC Vault: Superman: The Animated Series, “The Main Man, Part II”
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
- Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge
- Superman: Red Son
A sneak peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
Superman: Man of Tomorrow will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
Digital Distribution Elements:
On August 23, Superman: Man of Tomorrow will be available to own in high definition and standard definition from select digital retailers including Amazon, the Apple TV app, FandangoNOW, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. On September 8, it will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.
Source: Warner Home Entertainment