International collaboration of artists and sponsors, including Artella, Autodesk and Foundry, come together, helping writer/director Carlos Baena achieve his chilling creative vision.
Night Wheel Pictures has announced that celebrated animator Carlos Baena’s short film, La Noria, is now streaming on Vimeo – you can watch the award-winning film below! Written and directed by Baena, the film tells the tale of a grieving young boy who loves to build Ferris wheels. One day the boy encounters dark creatures and his life is turned upside down.
La Noria was independently created online with the help of hundreds of international artists as well as sponsors including Artella, Autodesk and Foundry. Baena, whose previous credits include Star Wars, Toy Story and Jurassic Park, was interested in animation as a vehicle to tell a unique and personal story - his team shared the same enthusiasm.
Since its initial release, La Noria has won 85 awards and has been selected in over 150 film festivals worldwide. It has received critical acclaim for its writing, directing, animation, sound, and music from animation festivals, as well as live action and horror/fantasy festivals. Until now the film has only been available for viewing at these events.
La Noria awards and accolades include:
- Golden Goblet Award - Shanghai International Film Festival (Shanghai, China)
- Best CG Short Award - ShortShorts (Tokyo, Japan)
- Silver Méliès Award for Best European Short Film - Terror de Molins (Spain)
- Best Director Award - Spark Animation (Vancouver, Canada)
- Best Animated Short - ScreamFest (Los Angeles, USA)
- Best International Animated Short - Pixelatl (Cuernavaca, Mexico)
- Best International Short - Chilemonos (Santiago, Chile)
- Best Short Film - View Conference (Turin, Italy)
- Finalist - 2019 Tribeca Film Festival (New York, USA)
To learn about La Noria, visit the film’s website.
Source: Night Wheel Pictures