Roster of voice talent for Pixar’s upcoming movie ‘The Good Dinosaur’ includes Raymond Ochoa, Jeffrey Wright, Steve Zahn, AJ Buckley, Anna Paquin, Sam Elliott, Frances McDormand, Marcus Scribner and Jack Bright.
BURBANK, CA -- The roster of voice talent for Disney•Pixar’s upcoming movie The Good Dinosaur has been revealed.
- Raymond Ochoa (NBC’s “The Night Shift,” TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles,” “Disney’s A Christmas Carol”) provides the voice of an Apatosaurus named Arlo.
- Jeffrey Wright (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- parts I & II, HBO's “Boardwalk Empire”) was tapped as the voice of Poppa, Arlo’s father.
- Steve Zahn (Captain Fantastic, Ridiculous Six, Rescue Dawn, Mad Dogs) provides the voice of a pterodactyl named Thunderclap.
- AJ Buckley (TNT’s “Murder in the First,” FX’s “Justified”) voices a T-Rex called Nash.
- Anna Paquin (HBO’s “True Blood”) is the voice of T-Rex Ramsey.
- Sam Elliott (FX's “Justified,” I’ll See You In My Dreams, Grandma) was called on as the voice of a tough T-Rex named Butch.
- Frances McDormand (HBO's “Olive Kitteridge,” Fargo) was tapped as the voice of Momma, Arlo’s mother.
- Marcus Scribner (ABC’s “black-ish”) voices Arlo's brother Buck.
- Jack Bright (Monsters University) provides the voice of Arlo’s unlikely human friend, Spot.
“We were lucky to work with a number of incredible pros along the way and our story ultimately led us to this amazing and talented group,” said first-time feature film director Peter Sohn in a statement. “We’re all taking this journey with Arlo, and it’s been a privilege to see these performers bring our characters to life.”
This is the second cast announcement for the film. The previous announcement, made at Disney’s D23 fan event in 2013, included Lucas Neff as the voice of Arlo, Bill Hader as the voice of Forrest, Judy Greer as the voice of Ivy, Neil Patrick Harris as the voice of Cliff, John Lithgow as the voice of Poppa, and Frances McDormand as the voice of Momma.
Bob Peterson, the co-director of Up, was originally tapped to helm The Good Dinosaur; he was removed from the project last year and the original May 2014 release date was moved to 2015.
The Good Dinosaur asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
Directed by Sohn and produced by Denise Ream (Cars 2), Disney•Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur opens in theaters on November 25, 2015.
Source: The Walt Disney Studios